Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tyre pressure monitoring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyre pressure monitoring
    Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:51pm
I noticed that a couple of my tyres looked a bit under inflated. On checking with reasonably good pressure gauge, one was 4psi under and the other 6psi under.
I checked the target pressure on the TPM screen and they were correct at 33psi front)and 30 psi (rear).
I then took it for a very short run to see what pressures the system reported and found that it showed them to be under inflated within 1psi of my pressure gauge.
A couple of questions.
1. Why is the system not warning me of low tyre pressures. How low do they have to be to get a warning?
2. As tyre pressures are supposed to be checked cold why do you have to be moving for the system to report actual tyre pressures. Seems nonsensical to me.
Answers on a postcard.
Regards. Peter.
19 Reg Tekna+ 1.3 Digi-T 160 Chestnut Bronze. My fourth Qashqai.
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:17pm
I notice mine are a few psi down on a reading from a reliable gauge. Use it as a rough guide not gospel and trust my gauge.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Yes - itís an anomaly - you need to drive a little to wake up the TPM, but should check pressures cold. Must be a window in between.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Yes - itís an anomaly - you need to drive a little to wake up the TPM, but should check pressures cold. Must be a window in between.

Thanks G5. That answers point 2 but still strange that the system doesnít warn you that the tyres are under inflated by so much.
19 Reg Tekna+ 1.3 Digi-T 160 Chestnut Bronze. My fourth Qashqai.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:22pm
I only had it go off once and from memory it was about 4psi under at that point.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic