FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

upgrading interior bulbs to LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

if you wish to change all the bulbs in a tekna like mine you need :

2 x 31mm led festoon bulbs for above passenger doors

7 x led 501  t10 interior bulbs : 3 for main interior lights(by the rear view mirror) ,1 for boot , 2 for footwell lights and 1 for glovebox

here you go this is the list for all interior bulbs

Edited by craigfishin - 10 Oct 2010 at 2:27pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 4:15pm
good luck mate
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 4:17pm
Not long now jok  Thumbs Up
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 9:08pm
If anyone has detailed info on how to change the bulbs in the footwell lamps it would be greatly appreciated. I changed all the other interior lamps for LEDs when I first got the QQ (as I did with my previous car). I gave up when it came to the footwell lights. No doubt it's simple once you know how but I am no longer agile enough to stand on my head in the footwell.
Apart from the fact that LEDs are cool running, they also generate a sharper type of light (white in my case) and have attracted a lot of attention from other motorists.
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 9:17pm
footwells are simple ,they are just under the dash and you can put your hand under the dash and hook your hand up and onto the top of the light casing and push it down and it pops out and hang down in front of you ,you the remove the black heat cover ,this will only come off from one side first ,then its a 501 t10 the same as the main lights ,this just pulls out
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:36pm
I have now replaced the interior bulbs with led light bulbs except for the footwell lights plus the side lights with Led and the indicator bulbs with the Osram bulbsThumbs Up. The indicators now have blueish tinge to them when they are not workingBig smile. Do the footwell lights look better with Led bulbs Craig?
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:45pm
mine wont be here for a week yet ,i have only added the cathode tubes so far as the other bulbs are coming from hong kong and thailand but as soon as there fitted i will take pics

Edited by craigfishin - 07 Oct 2010 at 6:45pm
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:29am

footwells are simple ,they are just under the dash and you can put your hand under the dash and hook your hand up and onto the top of the light casing and push it down and it pops out and hang down in front of you ,you the remove the black heat cover ,this will only come off from one side first ,then its a 501 t10 the same as the main lights ,this just pulls out

Thanks Craig. As I suspected, it's simple when you know how! Unfortunately, the bulbs I have are designed to shine forward so I'll have to order some that have circumferential LEDs.
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 12:55pm
i have seen the ones with the leds on the side ,they will be better
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:25pm
You mean:  http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-extreme-power-1.5w-360-degree-white-blue-red.html

PS:  Good for the boot area as well.

Edited by allan40alt - 08 Oct 2010 at 1:26pm
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:30pm
there 360 ones allan do they do one with the leds on just one side???? as only one of the leds on that bulb is actually pointing where its needed

thanks
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 2:59pm
The 360º ones are the type I was thinking of but they would be better for reflector fittings. Probably the best ones for the footwell lamps would be the long ones that have the light shining at 90º but that has to correspond with the orientation of the socket so they are probably not suitable.

Because the footwell fitting points sideways, the ones I have now fitted aren't really bright enough.

Edited by brianmf - 08 Oct 2010 at 3:00pm
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:50pm
Would these be better?

PS: I think these can be fitted any way round (ie: they are not 'way sensitive') but qualify this with Autobulbs Direct when ordering.

Edited by allan40alt - 08 Oct 2010 at 3:54pm
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:54pm
they look perfect allan Thumbs Up
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 6:24pm
Yes, I agree so long as they contain cross-over diode circuitry to eliminate polarisation. I'll contact the suppliers.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 6:25pm
??????????????????????????
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:35pm
I received the festoon LED's today. They had 2 led's on 1 side.  I just tried (1) out, now that it's dark. They give off white light but not as much as the original. They don't diffuse the light enough. In this case it's better to keep the original if you actually need to read by them. Unhappy

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 08 Oct 2010 at 7:45pm
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:52pm

the ones i have coming have 6 leds in each bulb ,i didnt think 2 would be sufficient ,thanks for letting us know gsx

GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:12pm
I was willing to take the chance and risk the 2 LED version. Not the end of the world I wasn't too convinced the ones that look like butterflies would fit. 
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:38pm
i know the ones you mean ,mine are in the standard glass festoon so dont stick out any more than the originals ,your right though no big loss

i have 32 leds now in total going into the interior plus the 2 cathode tubes under the footwells so hopefully mine will be pretty bright
ZZZZ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:44pm
Don't forget the pictures please.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:49pm
will do Thumbs Up
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:19pm

the ones i have coming have 6 leds in each bulb ,i didnt think 2 would be sufficient ,thanks for letting us know gsx

Same here Craig. The six LED ones are just right. The only problem I found is that , although the tip to tip length is the same as the originals, the cone angle is steeper and that makes the fitting a bit precarious. Still, they haven't yet popped out on any of our cobbled streets.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:38pm
cant you just bend the copper plates at each end a bit to suit them???
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 10:19am
That's what I did but they are still a bit tight. The originals are more pointy so the contacts go further along the cone, making probably only 29mm between contacts. As the new LEDs have steeper cones, the push the contacts out further.

Edited by brianmf - 09 Oct 2010 at 10:29am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:22pm

my 501 t10 5w5 bulbs arrived today (wow 6 days from hong kong ,i was expecting at least 2 weeks) im still waiting for the festoons but heres a few pics although its daylight so i will take some more tonight,

brian i also got round the problem of the bulbs shine from the top in the footwells see below:

here are the main lights

this is the boot one

then i did the footwells but as brian said becuase the led s were on the top and the bulb sits sideways in the cradle the light shines into the casing not down so they looked a bit dull see below

so i had a brain wave (and yes it did hurt lol) i placed a piece of perspex mirror into the end of the casing angled to make the light reflect down as shown below but tin foil wrapped around a piece of card will do the same thing

and the result was much better

now just waiting for the festoons for the lights above the rear passenger doors and the interior is complete , i will post some pics in the dark asap

Edited by craigfishin - 29 Nov 2010 at 8:02pm
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:52pm
That's brilliant Craig. Now where do I find a perspex mirror?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:02pm
my daughter donated it from the inside of a jewellery case lol , i just scored it with a knife and snapped the pieces off
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:00pm

my daughter donated it from the inside of a jewellery case lol , i just scored it with a knife and snapped the pieces off

have you told her yet about her kind donation? LOLLOL

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:22pm
That deserves a trip to MacDonalds....LOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:26pm
yeah lol , shes a clever girl , i had the idea and was saying to my wife how can i cut a peice of glass mirror up neatly that small when my daughter said theres a plastic mirror in my old vanity case if you want it ,hey presto problem solved thanks to a 12 year old LOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:31pm
just notice my car mats needs a hoover too EmbarrassedLOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 2:37pm
did the glove box this morning ,looks good ,bit more work involved as to do it properly you need to remove the glove box but still only took 10 minutes ,you can still do it without removing the glove box if you have a pair of long nose pliers but i didnt want to risk breaking the bulb and popping the fuse

glove box only held in by 7 screws and a couple of clips  
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 4:54pm
I really like the look of these Craig.  With the exception of the mirror mod, which I suspect is easily unmodified, all you have done here is replace the bulbs? 
For very little effort this looks sweet.

I suppose I should read the entire thread to list the bulbs and their locations.  If I cant find it all I'll pm you.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 6:59pm

if you wish to change all the bulbs in a tekna like mine you need :

2 x 31mm led festoon bulbs for above passenger doors

7 x led 501  t10 interior bulbs : 3 for main interior lights(by the rear view mirror) ,1 for boot , 2 for footwell lights and 1 for glove box

heres the list mate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic