Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

upgrading interior bulbs to LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenugent83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 1:33pm
are the acenta bulbs different from n-tec or the same? is it easy to change the footwell bulbs? i couldnt find a way to get the cover off. i would love to have all blue interior bulbs as it looks amazing in your pictures. always wanted blue mood lighting in a car. 
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 2:38pm
ntec/tekna have a couple of different bulbs in the rear

the footwell lights just pop out ,put your hand under the dash and push the whole unit out from on top of it

read all the thread and you will see my post on how to get the best from the footwell lights

if your planning on getting them from me i will send all the correct bulbs you need for a complete swap to blue
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
stevenugent83 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenugent83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 4:11pm
i am considering it, not fussed about glovebox or boot really. but your car looks stunning bathed in the blue light. 
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenugent83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 9:54pm
do the lights still fade on and off with the leds?
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:00pm
Thaat's a really good question Stevenugent...

I'd like to know too.
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:03pm
me too, i was thinking of leaving the main light white and the reading lights etc blue. can always swap em about 
Q Q 1.6 Acenta Faded Denim,38 mpg , that will do nicely @70 mph
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
yes they fade and act exactly the same as the bulbs you have now Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:27pm
fantastic, when they ready , let me know how to sort out paymentClap
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:30pm
will do david
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:31pm
cheers craig
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenugent83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:55pm
one more question (cant promise I wont think of more) do the blue lights look good or a tad tacky? my missus is worried i am gonna drive around in a chav mobile with blue lights everywhere. I always wanted mood lighting though
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:57pm
they will work like a fridge LOL shut the door and off they jolly well go, oops showing me age now Thumbs Up
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 12:06am
they look great imo and you wont have them on when driving , it makes your car stand out from the crowd and thats what its all about for me

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 11:35am
first batch of bulbs now arrived

i have 3 sets for tekna/n-tec and 1 set for visia/acenta

first come first served as before

contact me asap
Soup Dragon View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Clingon - purveyor of sticky stuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 12:02am
do you still have any sets left craig? looking for a tekna set (2007)
1.5dci Tekna, 2007, Faded Denim (looks grey to me!) - "It's alright!" - Mrs Soup
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 12:56am
hi soup , i can only get the white 4led bulbs at the moment mate , no blue available

there much brighter than the ones in the qq
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 1:19am
its ok, i saw the other thread, thought you may have a set left. i will wait a while until the bank manager (wife!) buys some more shoes (can't moan at me then!!)
1.5dci Tekna, 2007, Faded Denim (looks grey to me!) - "It's alright!" - Mrs Soup
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 10:55am
When you do get some make sure you get the Festoons CF used on his.  Other makes seem to be a flimsy build in relation to the contacting ends.  These will distort enough to break contact with the resistor end of the LED.  They can be manually adjusted to work again but this meant opening the light housing every week..which was not any use imo.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 12:39pm
will do thxThumbs Up
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:35pm
looking at ordering some bulbs now from autobulbs direct and their festoon bulbs state 30mm not 31mm is that correct?
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:45pm
You won't notice the difference as the mounting prongs are very flexible. The critical factor that I've observed with festoons is that the cone angle varies from one brand to another. Consequently, the tip either goes more or less into the hole. This makes tip-to-tip measurements very inaccurate.
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:04pm
OK thx, ordered and received 10% disc. Did it by phone as I was after some wiper blades as well and their site doesn't show the qashqai in the blade finder tool, used their on-line chat and was quoted £24 for the pair (minus disc also)
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:13pm
Whats the normal life of these? Ive only had them 3 months and 2 have stopped working within a week, half lit and flickering
Qashqai Tekna 2.0 Petrol , Private plate, side bars, 8 piece chrome grille, chrome door handles, chrome fog inserts front and rear, LED interior lights, K & N air filter

hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:30pm
Should last so many thousand hours...normally. Check the contacts..sometimes in neccessary to bend the contact wire a bit.

I just put some in my Mazda and they were flickkering..took them out and bent the two contact wires to make better contact and they work fine now...
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm
As u know theres 4 tiny leds on each on, 2 were off and the other 2 flickering. Willl try bending the contacts later. Not lookin forward to changing the glove box one. Its was a mare.
Qashqai Tekna 2.0 Petrol , Private plate, side bars, 8 piece chrome grille, chrome door handles, chrome fog inserts front and rear, LED interior lights, K & N air filter

allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by kevykat kevykat wrote:

As u know theres 4 tiny leds on each on, 2 were off and the other 2 flickering. Willl try bending the contacts later. Not lookin forward to changing the glove box one. Its was a mare.

You may find this method easier:

Quote: "The glove box bulb came out easy, but it is a very tight fit and my fingers couldn't grip it.
I peeled off about 200mm of standard insulation tape, leaving it attached to the roll.
I stuck the end of it onto the side of the bulb and, keeping my finger and thumb on the tape and bulb, gently pulled the tape with the other hand.
Out it slid. Big smile
Replacing it was a bit fiddly. I had to use a mirror and torch to see the angle of entry** and I then attached the new bulb onto the end of the PVC tape, as an aid to insert it. I attached the bulb to the tape so that it was at the same angle as the bulb socket, about a 45deg turn.
It was almost the reverse of extracting it, except I used the tape to hold the bulb at the correct angle and present it to the socket; then gently pushed the end of the bulb into place and peeled off the tape. Easy-peasy.
Great result, nice white light, instead of the old, dull looking yellowy bulb. Big smile
This method saved me having to remove the entire glove box in order to access the bulb socket, which un-plugs from the top.
I've ordered an LED for it, but I might just leave this one in place as the glove box seldom gets used; but when it does it's a big improvement. Thumbs Up
**TIP: It may help if you cut off the old bulb after removal and leave it stuck to the tape so that you can see the angle to attach the new bulb.
NB: This method may also help when removing the front map light bulbs as they are also very awkward. "
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:28pm
Finally did mine tonight......

Followed the "tape" tip on here and it worked a treat - so thanks Allen Clap

Had fun with the glove box though... tried one LED both ways - nothing.
Tried one of the bulbs from the front internal (that was working) - still nothing. Buggar - thought I had a wiring issue.... then I tried turning on the ignition, et voila... on it beamed!!!

Here's a couple of shots of Boot & Interior takken straight after.... weird - I bought White 1 Watt - but they appear to have a blue tinge to me???

Will take some later when it's dark!

2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:55pm
Well done gadget  Thumbs Up
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:23pm
Lookin good gadgetThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:25pm
I think you said you got them from ebay and the 'blue' tinge is expected.

You need the 'Super Bright LED' from autobulbs direct for a better, purer, white;  but they are more expensive.

Glad the 'tape' method worked for you. Big smile
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 10:55pm
Thanx folks - I'm pleased with them....
Yes thats right Allen, fleabay it was - so I uessed they probably wouldn't be as good as Autobulbs... but now seeing them at night, I'm pretty pleased - considering the savings....
Once the Hols is out the way, and Mrs Bank says I'm in credit I may treat myself to the super duper ones....

Anyhoo... here's some night pics:

Full Set Inside

Fronts only - seem nice & white

Rear one (fuzzy) but has that slight tinge - these will definitely change at some point...

Side Light

Side & Dipped

I'm happy... Big smile
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:02pm
Your happy...Im happy...LOL
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:18am
...we're all happy...Thumbs Up  LOL
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:54am
Much better gadgetThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Iced_Ink View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iced_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 10:50am
Brilliant Guide many thanks
I'm often accused of eavesdropping. I just wish they'd have the guts to say it to my face
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic