Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

upgrading interior bulbs to LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaLima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 8:19am
Well my first QQ arrives today and already inspired by this thread - I thought I'd get cracking with something small and easy first of all and upgrade all the interior lights and the sidelights. 

Went with ebay this time around (no great loss if these bulbs turn out to be rubbish, assuming they don't fry the car's electrics) so I guess we'll see how it goes. 

Here's a shot of the bulbs I've bought, links are below. 

8 x 501 T10 - 7 LED (white)
2 x 31mm festoon 6 SMD LED (white)
2 x 501 T10 5 SMD LED (white)

No particular reason I've gone for SMD's for some of these other than the festoons seem to be mainly this kind on ebay and the 2 I've bought for the sidelights are '360 degrees' in their arrangement, so I guess maybe more effective for sidelights...

Anyway - I'll post the results and before/after pics later.

Edited by Craigfishin - 29 Dec 2012 at 8:53am
10 QQ N-TEC 1.5 DCI
DeltaLima View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaLima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 1:32pm
Forgot to take 'before pics' but here's the result.

Really bright and noticeable even in the day. During the night, the whole car interior is bathed in light. That's a tenner well spent.. thanks ebay.

10 QQ N-TEC 1.5 DCI
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 1:55pm
much better than standard Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:36am
Look great DL!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
colinsp65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinsp65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:35pm
The LED's are a definite improvement on the standard bulbs, as well as being more efficient (and cheaper?) you'd think they came as standard.

A few people have been making some comments about the blue LED's I have in mine.
Colin in Maidstone - 2013 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dCi
Red Rooster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:51pm
Looks great DL. Have you got a link to ebay?
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by colinsp65 colinsp65 wrote:

The LED's are a definite improvement on the standard bulbs, as well as being more efficient (and cheaper?) you'd think they came as standard.

A few people have been making some comments about the blue LED's I have in mine.

My feelings exactly. I upgraded to white LEDs when I got the QQ two and a half years ago because I had installed them in my previous car (VW Touran). The light is so much better than that of yellowish incandescent lamps. The power consumption is far less and yet the cost is similar.
The same applies to side-lights - but that's another thread.

Edited by brianmf - 03 Jan 2013 at 10:05pm
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
DeltaLima View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaLima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Red Rooster Red Rooster wrote:

Looks great DL. Have you got a link to ebay?

There were links on the OP but they've disappeared for some reason (I might have broken some rule?) Anyway, the seller on ebay is: partsulike_co_uk written exactly like that with the underscores - look them up. 
10 QQ N-TEC 1.5 DCI
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 9:32pm
that post hasnt been edited since 2010 ???

the link is still there , its shinyautos i think Thumbs Up

no rules broken dl
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
colinsp65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinsp65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:14pm
I tried the link to shinyautos just now and says that site has been suspended....

Colin in Maidstone - 2013 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dCi
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:34pm
this is a very old thread so not surprised 

we have a bulb seller in the discount section that sell these 
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:02pm
Well guys thanks to all of you i have now upgraded interior lights to blue leds and only had her for a week looks grand. I didnt do the boot or glove box, Oh and I done the side light to.. Big smile
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 6:00pm
Hi,

Tried ordering some of these LED interior bulbs from:

mailto:sales@shinyautos.com

as Craig suggested but PayPal refusing to take payments to this account ? I've e-mailed them to ask for further advice but no response as yet.

Regards,

Richard
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by colinsp65 colinsp65 wrote:

I tried the link to shinyautos just now and says that site has been suspended....

Hmmm,. maybe they are now out of business.....??. this post was in Febraury this year.....
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 8:27pm
Hello Fee,

Just had a reply from Adam at Shinyautos as regards the PayPal problem - he tells me they are changing over servers and the PayPal option should be back up and running mid-week coming.

Thought I'd add that info in case any other members interested in placing any orders with them.

Regards,

Richard
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
geordielad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 4:23pm
I fitted my LEDs a few days ago on my 2008 Tekna and I'm very happy with the outcome. Overall took 10 mins and only came to £9 for LEDs off eBay
The front 1s were a bit tight so I carefully popped them out with a tint flat screwdriver, glovebox led consists of taking the glovebox out but it's very easy so don't panic!
Overall I ordered:
5x 20 SMD T10 501(3 for main map light, 1 glovebox, 1 boot)
2 x 6 SMD Festoon's for above rear doors
2 x 5 SMD T10 501 for sidelights.

Makes a huge difference and for such a little price it's a great touch. Even the better half is impressed !

Edited by geordielad - 30 Aug 2013 at 8:38pm
2008 2.0 Tekna
grahame View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 8:39pm
as anybody done there qq2014 model
any links if yes

regards
grahame
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 1:03am
I wouldn't want the interior lights to be brighter to preserve my night vision, but it would be useful to have some additional lights low down on the rear passenger doors which would be useful for them to read without giving the driver problems.
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
The.Game View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Game Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:25pm
craigfishing still about?
2013 Qashqai +2 in pearl Black 360 1.6 turbo diesel - Full LED interior light kit - LED exterior kit - QQ club decal
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 6:05am
Originally posted by The.Game The.Game wrote:

craigfishing still about?

He sure is.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:52am
Hi all,

Are these any good for the internal lights

2 x 5 SMD LED 360° Ultra White Bulbs / T10 Side Repeater Bulbs / Replacement for 501 W5W 168 194 Bulbs (1 pair 2 units)

Thanks in advance
Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:23pm
Exactely the one that I got.... Great for the interior and number plate - too blue for the sidelights if you have Xenons. Delivery took a couple weeks but for the price (I paid 74p/pair) well worth the wait.

Got these for the rear passenger lights: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0089A95TK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by cantfindausername cantfindausername wrote:

Exactely the one that I got.... Great for the interior and number plate - too blue for the sidelights if you have Xenons. Delivery took a couple weeks but for the price (I paid 74p/pair) well worth the wait.

Got these for the rear passenger lights: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0089A95TK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Cheers cantfindausername,
Will order couple of those now.
I yet to look for sidelights. wil have a look now while i got some time at home again.

Thanks
Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:56pm
I'm hunting for a 'stock' looking set of sidelights too. Keep us posted Thumbs Up
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Pete174 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm
Looking at replacing the interior lights to white LEDs as some people have done. I am concerned that it could be possible to blow a BCM fuse while doing this and this is something obviously I want to avoid. I have bought a set which are canbus error free of eBay. If I tested the leds first with a 9v battery to check there are no shorts and the bulbs work would this be a good idea, and reduce this risk. Looking for further advice if possible to give me further confidence. Thanks
Black 2010 1.6 Petrol Qashqai Tekna
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:25pm
As I understand it, the "CANBUS" version of LEDs simply contains a resistor so that if there's a current sensor on the lamp's circuit to detect a blown lamp (open circuit).

I would guess that the internal lights don't do this, it'll be just the brakes/indicators/rears and fogs which do?

Before fitting replacement lamps, it's probably a good idea to check the wiring polarity. You can pick up a cheap multimeter from Screwfix for under a tenner!
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Pete174 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:56am
Thanks. I have a multimeter so will do that too and hopefully will be all good. Appreciate the reply.
Black 2010 1.6 Petrol Qashqai Tekna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic