Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Upgrading Tekna Xenon bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading Tekna Xenon bulbs
    Posted: 06áMará2016 at 10:11pm
Hi All, I'm wanting to do some more light upgrades to the QQ. As much as I love the Xenons, I would like to upgrade them to 6000k bulbs.

Does anyone have info to hand on what the bulbs are? Are Xenon bulbs a standard fitment across makes?

Thanks,
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2016 at 9:54pm
Appears they are D2S bulbs... now to figure out how to get the ignitor off the back of the original bulbs. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áMará2016 at 10:18am
Don't they just pull off? Rubber seal, and then electrical connector .
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áMará2016 at 7:07pm
I've looked into it a lot more and have come to the conclusion that the J10 Tekna has D1S Bulbs, which have the igniter attached. While these are similar to D2S bulbs, the D2S doesn't have the igniter attached. So I've a set of these to use as paper weights now.

Removal seems pretty simple if you look on YouTube for Saab and a few other makes who run the D1S bulbs.
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2016 at 7:18am
The bulbs are D2R, i had to replace mine last week as one bulb had turned a nice shade of pink! All xenon bulbs have an igniter attached. The D2R have a anti glare coating on top of the bulb whereas the D2S bulbs dont.
2008 Black 1.6 Tekna Stone leather
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2016 at 9:31am
'R' bulbs are for reflector lenses, the Facelift QQ has projector lenses.

Mk1 QQ - D2R
Facelift - D1S

From what I can gather, the D2 differs from the D1 by way of being able to separate them from the ignitor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic