Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Using pressure washer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using pressure washer
    Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 2:10pm
I have read somewhere that you need to be very careful when pressure washing a Tekna with cameras fitted as this can cause failures and even possible wiring fires. I don't always have time to clean the car myself (work and other wife delegated tasks lol) and used to pop into a local valeting station which uses pressure washers for speed. Is this warning something I really need to heed as obviously don't want to risk damaging my new pride and joy? If it really is an issue can the camera be covered before washing to protect it?
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 3:46pm
Not sure about fires,but as the camera lens will have a seal of some sort,as will the camera body if only to let the wiring out I would not want to point a 100psi power washer 2" from the unit.
However as they are not washing their on cars I suspect punter beware applies.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 7:17pm
I can't imagine you would be able to get the pressure washer anywhere near an area of ingress to what is no doubt a sealed camera unit. I would class it as not fit for purpose if the camera unit can't take a soaking. 
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
phils View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 7:55pm
hi, we use a hot pressure washer on all our cars at work and most of them have rear and some front sensors fitted, never had an issue with them either, only warning i would advise is be careful using car wash sites as they will no doubt use chemicals to suit the prices and some of the TFR;s they pre spray can sometimes by slightly caustic, so they wont add anything good to your paintwork or plastic trims.
Magnetic 1.6 Acenta with a differance
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2015 at 3:06pm
I have used a pressure washer for over 10 years to wash my cars and never had a problem over many different makes. I avoid point blank spraying on full pressure but other than that no special precautions and no problems.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2015 at 5:33pm
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2015 at 7:13pm
I've been pressure washing my Tekna for over 3yrs without any problems.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2015 at 9:08pm
Try to avoid parking sensors as that was what caused my fulse positives because of water ingress.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic