UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Vibration on brake pedal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vibration on brake pedal
    Posted: 11áOctá2018 at 12:37pm
HugHi All,

I noticed that my brake pedal vibrate while appluying force on it at speed >30mph.
Please note that I recently change the front brake disc and pads but still same problem.
I need your help.
Hasen View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Hasen Hasen wrote:

HugHi All,

I noticed that my brake pedal vibrate while appluying force on it at speed >30mph.
Please note that I recently change the front brake disc and pads but still same problem.
I need your help.
My car is a Nissan Qashqai from UK year 2008 1.5dci.
Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2018 at 5:26pm
Hello Hasen, and welcome to the forum.
The only time I've experienced anything such as you describe was some years ago when I had a Nissan Primera. It turned out that an ABS ring somewhere in the hub was corroded which caused the ABS to become active on that wheel during anything other than moderate braking. This caused a vibration back through the brake pedal. At 10 years old I would suspect that this could be the case. Ihope you get it sorted.
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2018 at 6:08pm
Hi Hasen,
If its any help I had the same thing with a 2007 Renault Scenic and it turned out to be the ABS ring as Devondave has suggested.
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2018 at 6:09pm
Sorry 1997 Renault Scenic
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
Hasen View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áOctá2018 at 4:17am
Hi Devondave and Vic21,

Thanks for your support and advise I will look it shortly.

Handshake
Kev atkin View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev atkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áOctá2018 at 6:19pm
Hi there .I hope someone can help as we are well and truly stumped.we have a 2008 2lt diesel qashqui. It drives great for about an hour or so then it starts judder violently.it feels like we are running on a flat tire .the dash shakes and you can't see out of the door mirror.if we stop the car and leave for 15 mins it's good to go again.this is driving us mad as to what it is.hope someone can help..thanks ..kev
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áOctá2018 at 7:38pm
May I suggest starting a new topic for this since it's different to the topic you've posted under. I don't know the answer...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
Kev atkin View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev atkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áOctá2018 at 7:47pm
Found it difficult enuf to post here let alone start a new discussion.kev
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic