UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Vibration through pedals...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vibration through pedals...
    Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 2:02pm
Since acquiring my QQ it's always had a bit of a vibration through the pedals at motorway speeds.  Thinking it could be a wheel balance problem I swapped the wheels front to back to see if it made any difference.  It didn't.

Next I took a look at the front brakes.  The pads were almost new but the disks were well worn and quite corroded (3years and 24k!).  I decided to throw on a new set of disks and pads to see if that made a difference.  It didn't.

Anyway next a trip to my friendly tyre fiter and I asked for all for wheels to be checked for balance.  Bingo!  Two were nearly there, but redone anyway to get them perfect.  However the two wheels with original tyres on (ie. fitted at the factory) were WAY out.  Im talking 60g out.  In fact they were better balanced with all the weights stripped off!

All wheels fitted again and the QQ drives like a new car!  So, the point of this tale is that if you feel a vibration through the body of the car, it could be a wheel which is out of balance.  I felt very little through the steering wheel, which is where an out of balance wheel is normally felt.  Interestingly, placing the out of balance wheels on the back of the QQ still caused a vibration.
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 2:08pm
Thumbs Up glad it got sorted 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 5:27pm
Modern electronic steering systems are not as receptive to wheel vibration as the old rack & pinion arrangement.  
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 6:22pm
 Thumbs Up
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 6:36pm
@Doug999 I think you'll find a good old steering rack under your bonnet even though it is electrically assisted ;-)
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMayá2013 at 11:45pm
Thats what I thought, just the same except an electric pump instead of an hydraulic one.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áJuná2013 at 8:53pm
cheers methley i have a vibration through my pedals but mainly throttle pedal its been into nissan twice but they cannot find anything wrong might pay me to have all four balanced as they are all as as the car left the factory,have had it since i had the car
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

@Doug999 I think you'll find a good old steering rack under your bonnet even though it is electrically assisted ;-)

I knew that......Wink
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJuná2013 at 3:54pm
@qashqaiman did you resolve your issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic