UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Visia 1.6 2009 - Smart Vision Pack or similar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visia 1.6 2009 - Smart Vision Pack or similar
    Posted: 21áAugá2018 at 2:28pm
NISSAN Qashqai Visia 1.6 Petrol 2009

Is there anything available to add to a second hand purchase that would give you the Smart Vision Pack, or something similar to be retrofitted?

If not the official pack, something that provides all the functionality would be great, or even if it was at least a basic Android Stereo solution?

Any leads would be very much appreciated.
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAugá2018 at 5:31pm
I'm now sitting awaiting the on slaught of should have bought a better spec brigade.........

But I've beaten them to it , a good quality dash cam will give you audible lane departure warning and audible front collision warning

Android head unit can give you dab, internet radio, live information from the obd socket, pretty much all media playe, all mater of add on cameras, tpms reader if you fit the valve caps to suit.

A Realy basic easy one is a good phone holder so you can have android auto running on your phone for choices of up to date nav software and voice control is of your music etc, it can be set to switch on automatically when your bluetooth connects to your car.
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAugá2018 at 5:34pm

A wireless reverse camera that switches tour phone screen to display when reverse is selected.
ptoner View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Bgmick Bgmick wrote:

I'm now sitting awaiting the on slaught of should have bought a better spec brigade.........

Yeah, we had looked at a better specced car but when it did not move out of the forecourt, decided against that. Went with half the mileage and petrol instead. Had a short time from and limited budget.

But I've beaten them to it , a good quality dash cam will give you audible lane departure warning and audible front collision warning

Thanks will look into this. 

Android head unit can give you dab, internet radio, live information from the obd socket, pretty much all media playe, all mater of add on cameras, tpms reader if you fit the valve caps to suit.

A basic specced model would be all I need. Do you just remove the existing stereo unit and it slides in its place? after making all the right connections of course.

A Realy basic easy one is a good phone holder so you can have android auto running on your phone for choices of up to date nav software and voice control is of your music etc, it can be set to switch on automatically when your bluetooth connects to your car.

Temp solution, but one I can get started with immediately. Thank you.
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ptoner ptoner wrote:

Yeah, we had looked at a better specced car but when it did not move out of the forecourt, decided against that. Went with half the mileage and petrol instead. Had a short time from and limited budget.

Thanks will look into this.á

A basic specced model would be all I need. Do you just remove the existing stereo unit and it slides in its place? after making all the right connections of course.

Temp solution, but one I can get started with immediately. Thank you.

There are plug and play android head units with all wiring done to retain steering controls etc but you would pay a premium over one that needs an additional wiring loom patch lead. Was very tempted to do this bit seeing as I can use my phone screen for android auto and sound playing through bluetooth then other that nicer looking there would not be any real benefit to be worth spending the cash.

I use a mivue 698 dash cam has lane departure & front collision waning a long with front and rear cameras, speed camera and over speed warnings .

This is the 3 pound magnetic phone mount I use , it was a clip type for the vents but I removed them and made a bracket for it. Works Realy well, get in car stick it on, turn on car, phone automatically unlocks and switches on android auto, Realy good app
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 12:06pm

I assume the non nav unit still has bluetooth ?
ptoner View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 12:13pm
Was thinking front and back dash cameras could be covered with something like this. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOGUARD-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording-Reversing-CE13/dp/B078K6DBC7/ref=pd_sbs_421_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078K6DBC7&pd_rd_r=6c6d0b97-a5fb-11e8-8c90-bf5316ef4ecd&pd_rd_w=7TF2J&pd_rd_wg=Xirf1&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=85d62760-2a0e-407d-aa36-f3c03afc01c3&pf_rd_r=VBRR8V1E3YBBXMM485AG&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=VBRR8V1E3YBBXMM485AG

I know its cheap, then again so am I! lol

Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 12:35pm
I tried something like this a while back for a Toyota corolla verso it was an integrated reverse camera, I didn't fit it on the car as it was way more bulky than a picture made it out to be was very in your face oversized
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic