Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Reviews 2006 - 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

What Nissan Should do to Improve the Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Nissan Should do to Improve the Qashqai
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:08am
I know we all fervently love our purchases but looking over the other side of the fence never harmed anyone did it?

What do you think the QQ needs to stay ahead ?

Being a Qashqai owner and having made many cost/value/equipment/patriatism/practicality deliberations against several other models and marques prior to purchase I would lke to say something.
I think that all the "newcomer" car manufacturers to the crossover arena have worthy attributes that Nissan should look at if it wants to hold on to its crown. In my opinion it should deal with the following :
1. Pricing - make the QQ less expensive. High demand and weak supply is propping up prices artificially but that will change. Buyers are fickle - especially in hard times. Options are too expensive as well.
2. Equipment - it's not really on that we on the forum are looking for folding mirror kits, wiring in extra 12v sockets and buying Solar ashtrays(Confused) for oddment holders  etc when it should be provided already in a family car. Nissan also need to match Hyundai and Kia for value (be this perceived value or hard metal value) especially for equipment level. The availability of which should be purchase cost inclusive or as a reasonable option/pack cost. At the moment Nissan are riding a crest of perceived (image) value - I suggest in a similar vein to the i-phone, but buyers are looking and buying elsewhere.
3. Warranty - Nissan must inprove to at least 5 years in the very near future and back-date this to any cars bought within 3 years.
4. Space - the eternal trade off - look to increase internal passenger and luggage room without increasing the external size too much. I can see it being necessary for the standard car to grow the extra 200mm (8 inch) of the +2's wheelbase to improve rear seat access and leg/headroom. The luggage area needs a flat load floor and perhaps innovative split levels such as on the 3008.
5. Engines -  This could be a big problem for Nissan. The 1.5 diesel is a big seller but unless the DPF "problem" is overcome in some way the suitability of this car for the short trip motorist is compromised to the extent buyers won'y buy it and the 2.0 petrol is not an option to them. They could very well chose a 1.2 litre turbo petrol Skoda Yeti of similar instead. Nissan must quickly bring in an economical small turbo petrol engine option.
6. 4x4 - I would consider paying extra for for wheel drive. Before buying the QQ I was very taken with the IX 35. I was going to place an order for the four-wheel drive version which was only £1,000 extra. It was only the fact that the model was brand new to the Uk (March 2010) and with vague delivery dates and small discounts that I didn't order it.

I hope Nissan can implement some of the above because if they do they will have some chance of staying ahead of the field.If they don't and they fall into the "British" trap of resting on their laurels during these "good" times then they will languish (Almera anyone!) and many Macca's upt'north could be imperilled.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:46am
Very informative Jerry a lot of good points for Nissan to look into if they want to stay ahead of the rest.
Emailed mud guard photos this morning also.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:50am
Good post Jerry and I broadly agree, except on the pricing issue.  I feel the QQ is well priced - just witness the looooong list of expectant owners here. 

I run my own small business and there will always be someone cheaper than me.  If I always try to be the cheapest then it's a never-ending downward spiral.  What I try to do instead is offer the best value, the best service and the best long-term relationship with my clients.

I think Nissan (although a bit larger than my company) LOL are doing the same.  Sure the Korean car manufacturers pitch their products cheaper and they can because I guess your average Korean earns less than your average UK worker, but what are their residuals like? - I got 55% residual on my QQ1 trade-in after 3 years/33k miles - what would you get for a Hyundai?  Sure they offer longer warranties, but I hear that their servicing costs - and I read you must use their dealers to comply - can be high.  A friend of mine bought his wife a Hyundai Getz (no, me neither) as it was soooo much cheaper than the competition.  She did minimal mileage but the first service was £400 Shocked.  Needless to say he took it to an independent after that.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
s30jok View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s30jok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:56am
Another nice to have item would be a..............Heated steering wheel - its okay getting in in the morning and turning on the heated seats but then to grab hold a freezing cold leather encrusted steelbar is not on. There is only one car manufacturer who does this and it is Rolls Royce,imagine the coup Nissan would get if they offered this as an extra!
Now the onwer of a Cayman Blue 2010 Model 2.0dci Tekna QQ Blue Led's and orange sill plates!
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:45am
I for one would like to see a heated front screen. Loved it on the Focus I had no scraping, no wiping.
I think Audi do one for the A5 but to add it on the websites configurator you also have to add full leather - WTFAngry- German profiteering!
G5Boy's point on pricing is always going to be contentious. If you viewed the QQ as a tall Ford Focus, its about the same size internally, it looks less attractive when buying new due to the Fords (now reduced substantially) list price and discounts easily available. Demand in the UK for the QQ is pretty level  - if not slightly falling. The weak supply is due to exports gobbling up capacity and thats causing the delays. Better residuals that most - yes I agree but this can change as better models come on the market.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:27pm
Back in 2007 when the QQ came on the market there wasn't anything to compete with really as the Nissan QQ was the first crossover of it's type. Even then there was a waiting time although not as long as it is nowadays. As always it took the product a while to take off and get into full swing and so the popularity has grown. As with many products things (extras) can be added or removed depending on the market research the manufacturer is doing. To be able to sell the product there has to be things that all customers are happy with throughout the range which gives better choices of model. I think Nissan may think "if it's not broke don't fix it". The prices are a big contributing factor. Too high a price and you lose customers, too low and they have second thoughts about the product. Adding more axtras bumps the price up considerably which they have to be carefull of. I am sure that Nissan will be aware of what customers would like but they have other vehicles in the ranges that probably cover most aspects and requirements. ie the Pathfinder and the Murano. So the more options you want then the price goes up. I think that Nissan have hit the market spot on with the QQ and the QQ+2 and the prices throughout the range probably suit most pockets. They may have thought at the beginning that they were unsure how sales would go as they had major Problems with prior models. Since the outset the QQ has become very popular in the UK and across Europe which must please Nissan very much indeed. However they must keep listening to the consumer and keep trying to make a very good product but not out price it which becomes difficult. So Mr Nissan keep up the good work and listen to us and you won't go far wrongWink 

Edited by mohawk - 02 Nov 2010 at 12:30pm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:40pm
just a point to ask jerry .the reference to the almera ,not sure if you were deriding it ,but i had the almera sve for three years 6 years ago and loved it .had almost as many gadgets /extras as the n-tec now .jezza clarkson rubbished it but doubt if he has ever been in one .lolErmm
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:38pm
Hi Patch,
No I'm not deriding the Almera for its gadgets but Nissan played safe with its design. It didn't really please too many existing Nissan buyers or inspire people to consider the brand in this medium hatch sector when judged against its competitors. I just think Nissan rested a bit on their reliability reputation and the fact that, with a plant in Sunderland (which started making Bluebirds in 84) the British started to consider the Nissan brand more.
I think it was a missed opportunity and co-inciding with the models poor sales, if I remember, there was a bit of a crisis around 2003-4 in Sunderland. When Nissan were looking to decide where in the world they were going to build the Almera replacement.

Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:55pm
Have to agree with Jerry there, much as my almera served me very well...it was, well just bland.  The QQ is everything the almera could have been and I can still see the evolution in the shape.

Heated steering wheels...good God! you'll be asking for fur lined pants next! LOL  For me it would be increase the length of the +2 such that with all 7 seats in use there is still just enough room to fit a pram/buggy...not one of those poxy little Maclaren things.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
N15SAN View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N15SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by s30jok s30jok wrote:

Another nice to have item would be a..............Heated steering wheel - its okay getting in in the morning and turning on the heated seats but then to grab hold a freezing cold leather encrusted steelbar is not on. There is only one car manufacturer who does this and it is Rolls Royce,imagine the coup Nissan would get if they offered this as an extra!

You can get a heated steering wheel on a new Vauxhall Corsa.
BJTekna View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJTekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:09pm

I love the panoramic view but wish that the sunroof openedSmile  I previously owned Xtrails and loved the option of driving with the roof open, in fact when the Cashqai first arrived in  the showroom I debated long and hard as to wether I would buy one.  Then thought I would hang on and see if they changed the spec.  However could not resist the lure of the panoramic roof and took the plunge.  I love my car even though it is off to the dealer to have the bonnet overhang repaired and one or two other little problems tomorrow, don't know how I will survive a day without itCry

Will let you know how it goes, woe betide if it comes back with so much as a scratch on itWink
Tekna 1.5 Dci Magnetic Red ordered 20 July, Del 23 Oct. 60 reg plate
28 March 13 Magnetic
Red 1.5 Dci Tekna 13 reg loving it!
Ink 1.6 Dci 4Wd Tekna, Ink on order Mar 15
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:10pm
ok i suppose the almera was the starship enterprise to me cos i had a polo for three years before that .windup windows etc .so just liked the almera .think it had elec sunroof all elec windows sat/nav dual climate while the polo had ermmm nowt really ..lol
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by N15SAN N15SAN wrote:

Originally posted by s30jok s30jok wrote:

You can get a heated steering wheel on a new Vauxhall Corsa.

..................or a pair of gloves from Millets LOL

jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:33am
Another thing they need to do - and its simple - Make the rear hatch open higherThumbs Up and so avoid the potential litigation from cracked boncesOuch
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 9:30pm
And don't skimp on illuminated switches - electric window controls anyone!!
Ex-Engineer who swapped to driving trains and now a Blade Silver, 60-plate 1.5dci N-Tec Qashqai since Sept 6th 2010.
Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 1:22pm
Scuse the ignorance Jerry, but what is the "DPF problem"......Confused
QQ 1.5dci n-tec,In Nightshade,Now in my sweaty little paws, Headlamp Upgrades,Wind Deflectors One Cracked (Still), SAC
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 1:32pm
hi seano

with the dpf if you only do short runs the dpf blocks up and then you have to take it on a motorway run keeping he revs over 3000 for 30+ minutes to try to burn off the soot that has built up ,sometimes this clears it sometimes the car goes into safe mode then you have to take it to nissan for a forced regen which costs £200 a time

thats the basics lol
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

hi seano

with the dpf if you only do short runs the dpf blocks up and then you have to take it on a motorway run keeping he revs over 3000 for 30+ minutes to try to burn off the soot that has built up ,sometimes this clears it sometimes the car goes into safe mode then you have to take it to nissan for a forced regen which costs £200 a time thats the basics lol

Hi Craig, yeah just came across the very lengthy post on the problem, looks like as I have bought a 1.5 I should be ok ....Big smile
QQ 1.5dci n-tec,In Nightshade,Now in my sweaty little paws, Headlamp Upgrades,Wind Deflectors One Cracked (Still), SAC
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 1:53pm
@seano - your 1.5 will have a DPF I'm afraid - added to the spec recently Ouch.  Don't think there have been any problems since the facelift though so you could still be OK.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 2:09pm
we had one the other day g5 2 month old facelift , dpf light came on but luckily he gave it a good blast down the m-way and the light went out , hopefully he will be ok for a while but 2 months into a new engine doesnt sound like the problem will go away any time soon
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 2:11pm
Oh dear Ouch

Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

@seano - your 1.5 will have a DPF I'm afraid - added to the spec recently Ouch.  Don't think there have been any problems since the facelift though so you could still be OK.

OH FE(K......    Angry   I travel 3.4 kliks to and from work 3 days a week, I'm on a hiding to nothing here...motability should take care of this, buggered if I'm gonna cough up £200 a time to have it sorted....I am about to contact my dealer methinks and find out what the score is.....Unhappy
Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Seano Seano wrote:

Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

OH FE(K......    Angry   I travel 3.4 kliks to and from work 3 days a week, I'm on a hiding to nothing here...motability should take care of this, buggered if I'm gonna cough up £200 a time to have it sorted....I am about to contact my dealer methinks and find out what the score is.....Unhappy

Edited by Seano - 15 Nov 2010 at 4:40pm
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:39pm
on motability you only pay for fuel everything else is covered .no prob;
Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:08am
Originally posted by patch patch wrote:

on motability you only pay for fuel everything else is covered .no prob;

Cheers patch, after calling my dealer last night he did indeed say the same, so no worries then....Big smile
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:31am
ok seano .off to london and essex shortly burn some dpf soot off .
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:26pm
You'll never manage it - never be able to get up to speed on the motoway/parking lot. LOL
Ex-Engineer who swapped to driving trains and now a Blade Silver, 60-plate 1.5dci N-Tec Qashqai since Sept 6th 2010.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:24pm
Hello Jerry, some interesting points you've raised regarding future improvements / design direction. I personally think the pricing is spot on, discounts are readily available and it's no more pricier than an equivalent Golf. Disregard any other competitors pricing because the Qashqai's brief was to compete head on with the Golf on pricing, perceived quality and ultimately to sway potential Golf buyers into a Qashqai. Golfs were often seen in tandem when the Qashqai test mule was undergoing development on UK roads.
The question mark over DPF's still seems to be present, but in fairness Nissan is not alone on this issue. Development is continuous but the way forward at the moment seems to be turbo charging small petrol units. VW have their TSI units which deliver punchy performance, low emissions and decent fuel economy. I think it would be a mistake for any new Qashqai to increase in size too much if any. The size again seems spot on for me, not too small to appear feminine, and not too bulky giving an air of arrogance. The shallow glass area, and high waistline should be kept as a QQ  trademark, but I think the frontal design should go back and take it's inspiration from the more characterful 2007  original. The current update makes sense, but it's very similar to the Ford  Kuga and Honda  CRV, so a little individuality has been lost IMO.
The 3 year warranty needs to be increased like Hyundai / Kia who are seeing some healthy sales globally. For the QQ to remain at the top of it's game it should remain true to it's original goals, to be an urban based car available with 4x4 for added traction in slippery conditions, no more. Nissan should let the X-Trail compete with the others that are more off-road biased.
Instrument panel back-lit in blue would be nice to see, but apart from that it's hard to think of anything that needs improving! 

Peace

Smile 
Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
vinnyh View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 10:50pm
improvements I'd like to see,

heated front screen,electric memory seats, rear seats that fold flat, proper sun roof, lighted electric window buttons, self opening/closing boot lid (that raises higher). above all, sort the DPF problem out.

jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 1:41pm
Thanks for the recent cotributions to Vinny and UrbanNomad.
Nomad, I pretty much agree with your sentiments but I must add that although initially the QQ was developed and marketted as an alternative class to the Golf; times have moved on. It was the first in the alternative "crossover" class and as such lead the way in offering a mid-sized hatch which was not a golf/astra/focus. However the other manufacturers now offer cars in the "new" class and many examples the beat it in one aspect or another - be this price, equipment, warranty, space, practicality etc.
The world is suffering a crisis of financial confidence which will affect car sales and in such an environment Nissan should focus on improving the overall package and ironing out bugs while keeping the car competitive.
As we have said in the thread there are many places where it loses out to competitors.
And I very much agree with Vinny that the DPF is a threat to not just Nissan but all diesel cars that do not do "the right type of mileage".
I can not see how diesel cars can be sold without a very seriously off-putting disclaimer at the sales floor, warning off the potential problems that might ensue when just using a car as we normally would!!!! Either the DPF gets sorted or the turbo petrol engine must replace it - and quick - as in the Yeti and other VW group cars.

Electric front screen - I really miss that from my focus - especially this weather. Electric seats I can live without but a heater in them, perhaps? Remote boot which opens higher - tick! and lighted switches too. Auto folding mirrors are conspicuous by absence - good shaped and sized boot - yes please. Like the glass roof but not a sales clincher for me. Cheap 4WD on demand option on all engines would be good - costs a grand on Hyundai ix35 but not sure about its sister the Kia Sportage. Warranty needs upgrading to 5 years and should be done retrosectively to all cars sold within 3 years I think.Smile
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 8:24pm
good ideas jerry, the heated seats are in the tekna though mate.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 5:10pm
Jerry,  I still think that currently the Qashqai beats all Cross-Overs. If we take the big players, Ford, VW and Vauxhall, both the Tiguan and Kuga are not competitive price wise. A Visia Qashqai can be bought for Focus or Astra money while Vauxhall has not really got a Qashqai rival. The Qashqai beats both for practicality, retained value and has similar running costs. The Skoda Yeti while undercutting the QQ on price, has not really got the design flair to appeal to style concious buyers or the young. The Kia Sportage and Hyundai ix35 are again good cars, the badges don't seem to hold them back too much any more but for the same money most people would choose the better Nissan.
Compared to the Qashqai these are the negatives of the competition for me,

Ford Kuga- Externally bigger and more expensive  than a Qashqai yet still has less interior space, and bizarrely a boot smaller than the Ford Focus  Confused  Copycat version of the Qashqai, lacks original thinking.

VW Tiguan- A Cross-Over is supposed to be about  fun, adventure etc. The straight laced styling with Square wheelarches is the total opposite, boring! 

Skoda Yeti-  Not bad but smaller, and the name does it no favours whatsoever.

Hyundai ix35  / Kia Sportage-   Good attempts but overall still lack the "rightness" of the Qashqai. The styling of both is ok with decent warranties, but the Nissan badge speaks volumes.

Peugeot 3008 Crossover-  Dead  no comment!

Like yourself I changed from a Focus ( Zetec Climate ) to the Qashqai, and can say that I have better economy and overall lower  running costs in a much better car. The heated screen was ok, but I don't miss not having it.

Happy New year!

Peace  Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 4:54pm
ONE thing.......... Stick in the 170bhp diesel engine, sporty seats, suspension and trim and sell it as a Qashqai GTI.

Oh, and ditch the ridiculous Nissan Connect and go back to the Command Centre.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 5:10pm
i love the connect , its the best stereo ive had in any previous new car , it just works so well with ipods ect , first class bit of kit imo 
Qashqai Guy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

i love the connect , its the best stereo ive had in any previous new car , it just works so well with ipods ect , first class bit of kit imo 

But it's such a shame they put it too low.
My 2nd QQ both 1.5 Intense Blue lots of chrome this one the +2 GREAT Car
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic