FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

What Nissan Should do to Improve the Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 5:26pm
i also love the connect and i wouldnt say its too low really. maybe if you were in a really busy area trying to use sat nag, like london or something where if you look down as you slowly look for the way to go, everyone is beeping the hell out the horns lol
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 5:33pm

i love it where it is , i really didnt like it plonked up on the dash , as craigqq has said had it popped up when the ignition was turned on then i would say yes but not just sat there all the time, i did like the bigger screen size though , this is all just my preference, so im 100% happy with my connect

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 6:27pm
Think the connect is a bit low, when using sat-nav have to divert your eyes from the road sometimes, apart from that think its a great piece of kit, although still not got my music on usb yet not got round to it, Hamish gave me instruction for changing mp4 to mp3 so they will work.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:59pm
I mentioned that  Nissan should draw inspiration from the original IMO as a design guide  and it seems like the Koreans have done just that!  Went to the Cross-over section on Whatcar? today started scrolling down, and thought why has  Whatcar?  put a picture of  a pre-facelift Qashqai on there? Then saw the name Ssang Yong Korando  Shocked  Nope not heard of it before either, but from the front this new 2011 Cross-Over is a dead ringer IMO of the 2007 Qashqai, slightly tweaked. Designed by Italian  Guirgaro ? responsible for the original  1974 Golf and Fiat Uno to name a couple it's slipped in quietly.
Perhaps someone can post ( links don't work for me )  a pic, will be interesting to see if I'm alone in this view.

Peace

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:11pm

this the one you mean urban nomad? it doesnt really scream QQ to me, its quite pretty though to me it looks like a kuga which we all know copied the QQ
wouldnt pick one over a QQ anyday but its quite nice, isnt ssang yong pretty cheap with there cars?
thought they were one of the hyundai type brands where they tend to be a bit cheap inside imo

Edited by PR07HET - 22 Apr 2016 at 5:45pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:20pm
Yes thanks Craig, I see the original Qashqai it looks so similar to me. Not great rating by Whatcar? though, only 2 stars! I know they used to use old Mercedes bits for their cars, but think this is all new.

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:23pm

could be there reputation preceeding them on the what car review! but 2 stars is low, havent seen a ssong yong or a while around here not sure ill ever see one of this type if they are that bad

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:31pm
Noisy engine, low quality interior and costlier running costs compared to rivals are part of the reason for such a low rating. Dealers are also scarce.

jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:41pm
If I recall they made motorbikes - old Honda commuters and the like. Say this by Quentin Wilson - lifted from Daily Mirror site, a year ago:

So long to Ssangyong - and good riddance

The first motor manufacturer to go bump in 2009 could be Ssangyong.

The Korean car-maker couldn't pay its workers last week, and Chinese parent company Shanghai Automotive said it wasn't going to do a baleout job.

But no-one should be at all surprised.

Ssangyong have hardly made a decent car. I drove the refreshed Rexton last year and could not believe how mediocre it was.

In a market as tough as this, there is no place for the weak.

Ex-Engineer who swapped to driving trains and now a Blade Silver, 60-plate 1.5dci N-Tec Qashqai since Sept 6th 2010.
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:42pm
Then Hamster Hammond this last year on same site:
ssang09-04-09.jpg
It's not often there's a car term I've not heard but here's a CUV.

It's the new SsangYong C200, due to arrive in the UK within the next year. It's smaller than previous models and, apparently, it has become a Compact Urban Vehicle.

It will be available with petrol, diesel and diesel-hybrid engines. Watch this space for more details...

Ex-Engineer who swapped to driving trains and now a Blade Silver, 60-plate 1.5dci N-Tec Qashqai since Sept 6th 2010.
Bowler View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:44pm
Ssangyong use to distribute through Subaru as they had the same importer still strong links to Mercedes, one a two around Doncaster probably as there is a dealer in Doncaster and Sheffield look a lot of metal for the money also have the award for the ugliest car produced called the Rodeo a large people carrier born to be a Taxi 
Ex owner of Acenta 1.6 Flame red, with Panoramic roof.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:00pm
Thanks Jerry, now tell me that's not a Qashqai?  Wink  Looks more so in that vivid green, and the rear has hints of the previous Micra with the integrated spoiler below the window! Agree they have made some butt ugly cars in the past, but a clone of the Qashqai could only be an attractive beast!  Thumbs Up

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:00pm
another car for me born to be a taxi is a chrysler pt cruiser!!!
in black to me always looked like a black london cab.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:07pm
Or a hearse!  LOL

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:08pm
Clap
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:02am
Not so much improve , but the paint is soooo thin, why is it that ive got more scratches on this car then i had on 10 year old car the same colour!, so easy to scratch, they need to improve on this, terrible actually, or is it only me???
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:04am
i think theres a lot of talk about how soft nissan's paint is thats why i felt it really important to get a coat of protective sealant on then a few coats of wax, a little extra protection on scrathing, wont stop any proper scratches sadly they will go straight through regardless, might stop slight surface ones though.
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 7:27am
i think they should put a seal treatment on all cars, i mean, they make enough out of us dont they!, and it should be standerd protection,   (sorry about spelling mistakes, it s this keyboard, and i just cant be aresd to read post after typo ing )Embarrassed
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:04am
just the one typo there QQ+2=Q lol

yeah i too think all dealers not just nissan should be putting a sealant on new cars. it would protect the paint longer... but every penny is a prisoner with these guys. why give you it free when they can charge £250?
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:40am
Stop this happening, Mine's ok
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 12:08pm
Holly tread revival batman.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 12:38pm
I posted earlier wondering why it didn't feature in the top 150.

Wonder if the results are distorted because they sell so many more QQs than some of the models that appear high up in the chart, meaning it is an unfair comparison?

For instance, Tesla have topped a lot of the categories.  If you ask the 3 or 4 Tesla owners in the UK (most of which are probably Tesla salesmen in their company cars) can that fairly be compared to the 1000s of genuine QQ owners?

We need a mathematician on this. 

Where's Hamish with his graphs when you need him?

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:13pm
Same has occurred in another survey---the new MG brand came very well. I have never even seen one so again surmise its safe and owners club cars.

From my own experience my wife's QQ bought new 3.5 years ago has faults that have never been rectified , and Nissan just have never had any interest in supporting the dealer. I have happily dealt with the dealer over many other make cars [over very many years]so know the trouble is not with them.

My wife likes the car so we will keep it , but will never buy another Nissan.Since the QQ we have also bought a new BMW ,this car also has had trouble ,BUT ,the difference in rectification of the fault was Chalk / Cheese.
Brian
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 4:37pm
Have to say that in 9 years of Qashqai-ing any problems I have had have been minor.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 10:14pm
I agree with G5 BOY up to a point.
Previously I only had minor problems.
However my latest J10 circa 2011 has done just over 22K and I was surprised to be told at last service
that oil leaks from engine need fixing, tailgate dampers need replacing and front brake pads and discs will need sorting at next service.
Not what I expected!!

1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic