UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

What's this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's this?
    Posted: 11áJaná2014 at 4:37pm
What's the grey bit on the headlamp unit?  Removing it reveals a grey lever type affair which seems to push in a corresponding plunger. Mine's a Tekna BTW.

I was wondering if it was to operate a shutter for main/dip beam on the xenon, except if it is, it isn't working on mine as the xenon beam pattern doesn't change on high beam, staying on the dip pattern.

Edited by methley - 11áJaná2014 at 4:38pm
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

What's the grey bit on the headlamp unit? áRemoving it reveals a grey lever type affair which seems to push in a corresponding plunger. Mine's a Tekna BTW.

I was wondering if it was to operate a shutter for main/dip beam on the xenon, except if it is, it isn't working on mine as the xenon beam pattern doesn't change on high beam, staying on the dip pattern.

It looks like the leveling motor. There's no shutter as it's not bixenon. Only low beam is xenon and main beam is halogen.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2014 at 9:51pm
A switch for European builds?
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2014 at 10:08am
Downtime has it.  It's the levelling motor.  It looks like this on the other side.  The "nipple" clips into a plunger within the headlamp unit which slides in and out to adjust the beam attitude.

SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

Downtime has it.  It's the levelling motor.  It looks like this on the other side.  The "nipple" clips into a plunger within the headlamp unit which slides in and out to adjust the beam attitude.

The white nut on top of it is the manual adjustment screw. You can adjust headlamp aiming up/down with that.
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 4:29pm
How do you clip the motor to the headlight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic