UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

What's you cleaning method?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's you cleaning method?
    Posted: 24áAprá2016 at 7:34am
Just wondering who really goes to town on cleaning their QQ?

What methods and products do you use?
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAprá2016 at 8:11am
Once a month - if I remember in time - a drive through the car wash ...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAprá2016 at 8:36am
craigfishin is your guy. He's a detailer does amazing things with a QQ
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
Hackney View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hackney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 6:00am
Never ever put a car through a car wash,it ruins paint work.Usually "clay"my vehicles once a year, with a polish & wax.Usually Will use a Wax only just before winter.Results pay off.Cheers:):)

Edited by Hackney - 29áJulá2016 at 6:01am
"Current Rides"2015" Nissan Qashqai "ST" in Magnetic Red,6Spd Manual 2litre Petrol,2016 Nissan Qashqai "TI" 6spd manual.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 8:47am
I let the guys at Tesco loose on mine maybe twice a month.

Don't know what i'll do after Brexit though Cry.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 12:54pm
Wheels with TFR and brush first and then pressure wash all ways from the roof down. Very little shampoo you dont need a bucket of bubbles to clean the car just enough remove any grease and grime (not your polish) and that will reduce streaking.

Rinse with the pressure washer (roof downwards) and then if i am not going to polish it I use a cold rinse liquid wax like "red devil" or similar applied with a pump spray bottle.

Rinse with pressure washer this time moving up the car and avoid the windscreen if you can.

Leather the car dry using paper hand towel "from a roll" to draw any water out of joins and gaps as you go finish with a dry soft cloth. Brush the tyres with Tyre Treat or similar.

Towards the end of the year I do the whole car with with weak TFR including all the door shuts and wheel arches and apply a quality carnuba wax polish.

Never use a dashboard polish as it will reflect sunlight. I use the vacuum with a brush nozzle to do the dashboard, door pockets and cup holders and small clean dry paint brush for vents and around the radio.

Normally takes about 2 hours on a Sunday morning.

If it aint broke make it go faster.
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 1:40pm
Baby wipes for a dashboard and leather seats. Works really well, doesn't shine and easy to keep I'm the glov
e box
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
kwaka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 7:13pm
Twin bucket method. Lambs wool mitt. Drying towel. Then a cover of Tough coat till next time.

QQ 1.2 DiG-T.N-Connecta/Gun metallic/Comfort-Heat Packs.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2016 at 7:51pm
Seems like I'm the only one using Flash - albeit in a bucket of rainwater...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJulá2016 at 8:19am
Trooper what TFR do you use? I've got some carplan TFR but not convinced by the dilution ratios.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJulá2016 at 10:03am
Originally posted by cantfindausername cantfindausername wrote:

Trooper what TFR do you use? I've got some carplan TFR but not convinced by the dilution ratios.

Many years ago I was an area manager for a car valeting company and when I left I bought a lot of stuff from the company albeit at a huge discount. 12 ltrs of the TFR we used lasted me 5 years.

I bought 10 ltrs off fleabay and its only lasted 18 months so its very much a suck it and see situation.

Do be careful though because some of this stuff can be very strong and can cause discolouration and staining on chrome, light or pale paintwork and plastic headlight covers

A good test would be to start with a weak mix eg: 1part TFR to 100 to 150 parts water in small bowl and with a sponge see how easily you can remove baked on dead flies on your front bumper. Dab it on leave for a few seconds and wipe it away. I t should come off quite easily if it doesn't increase the amount of TFR.

You can buy ready mixed from Hellfrauds.Wink
If it aint broke make it go faster.
Ronnie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAugá2016 at 11:55pm
Hi folks

Still flying the flag in the Waterlooville area and still looking good after 6.5 years.( Tekna that is😊) Plain water with a small amount of shampoo for the wheels if particularly grubby. Armorall Shield. Just ordered a new pack of same which has just run out after 3 years. Pleased with the results and relatively easy application. Not perfection but good enough and certainly long lasting! Gliptone leather conditioner and Meguiar's Ultimate Black and that's about it.
Still love the J10 but haven't warmed yet to the J11. Sorry but it looks just like the competition. There must be a facelift out soon, surely??
Ronnie

1.5 dci 4x2 Tekna Magnetic red
PIAA slender horns

chrome side pipes/ chrome fog trim/ brushed steel sill plates reg. march 2010 (ex demo) Stents now by Royal Appointment
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAugá2016 at 9:32am
Have to agree with you Ronnie re j10/j11 love shape of my j10 better
Ronnie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAugá2016 at 6:39pm
Nice to know Picasso that I'm not the only one. 😄
Ronnie

1.5 dci 4x2 Tekna Magnetic red
PIAA slender horns

chrome side pipes/ chrome fog trim/ brushed steel sill plates reg. march 2010 (ex demo) Stents now by Royal Appointment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic