Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

When black isn't black!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrose_bantam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When black isn't black!
    Posted: 30áMará2013 at 6:16pm
I've just been shampooing my newly acquired 2012 Pearl Black N-tec when the sun came out for the first time in weeks. To my horror the car glinted a purple/plum colour! It's obviously not black but nightshade.

Started looking at QQ's a couple of months ago. Having spent time looking at this site and others together with looking at QQ's on the road I decided I wanted a low milage 2012 1.6 petrol N-tec in black. The auto trader search engine through up quite a few results within 50 miles of Bradford so I went to check a few out.

Ended up putting a deposit down on one that my local dealer had in group stock at another site. When I inspected it upon arrival at Bradford a few days later it turned out to be nightshade. Upon checking a couple of other cars at other dealers within their group it transpired all their black QQ's were nightshade. Got my deposit back and moved on. Rang a dealer at Oldham and asked him to check a black car they were advertising. This one turned out to be nightshade as well. 

Finally settled on a black car from Motorpoint. It wasn't at the closest branch at Burnley but they could get it up from Derby for me. Got them to physically check that it was actually black before putting a deposit down.

Picked it up last weekend in the middle of a blizzard and it looked black. Have just rung them up and am now awaiting an offer of different car (black) or some compensation. Is one colour considered to be better looking than the other in QQ circles. Also, is one of the colours likely to be easier to sell in years to come?

Not sure whether to replace the vehicle or accept some cash back?
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMará2013 at 9:36pm
The colour is very much a personal choice, some prefer black and some nightshade, I wouldn't say either are considered better looking than the other in 'QQ circles'

Easier to sell, well any dealer I know has always said resale value stays strongest in black and silver cars.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMará2013 at 11:04pm
Must admit of the  two I prefer black but as above its down to personal choiceThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Steveuk57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveuk57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 10:36am

I must admit after looking at my log book (V5) I was a bit surprised when it says my nightshade Qashqai is registered as black. It's nothing like back.

My last car a Honda Civic was Nighthawk black but had a glitter effect in the paint which stood out in the sun but was black.
Steve 2.0 Tekna CVT in Nighshade 2010
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 10:50am
Ah - now we know why the sales ads were misleading..........they go by the V5C.

DVLA again
Censored
Censored
QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 11:03am
I loved my nightshade , looked fantastic in the sun
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 12:21pm
I believe that cars are registered with DVLA in primary colours so that the police don't have to think 'what the hell is say Nightshade' when on the lookout for a particular car.
Then again it could be an old wives tale.
16 Reg Tekna 1.2 Digi-T Gunmetal. My third Qashqai.
Gen13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 12:36pm
On my V5C tho I haven't got my QQ yet it says "Grey" for Gun Metallic

Edited by Gen13 - 31áMará2013 at 8:57pm
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 12:53pm
Seems to confirm what I said.
16 Reg Tekna 1.2 Digi-T Gunmetal. My third Qashqai.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 12:56pm
Oh. I've always considered nightshade to be a "special black" - IE it's primarily black with the purple showing under various weather conditions.

To be honest. I've largely forgotten that my car IS nightshade. It looks 99 percent black 99 percent of the time. If someone asked me what car was mine, I'd say "The Black Qashqai". Not "The blacky/purply Qashqai".
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 1:09pm

Only One of these Qasqais is Black.....which one is it??.........

2.0ntec+2, Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs
QashqaiMike View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

Only One of these Qasqais is Black.....which one is it??.........

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x425/affman123/2008f57f.jpg

Furthest left
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 8:37pm
Yes furthest left because the right hand looks like CFs old one and the middle one is officially grey
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 8:45pm
lol that's because the right hand is CF's old one Cowpers.. 
the left one is mine.. and the middle one is Affman's Grey QQ+2
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMará2013 at 9:46pm
So who won and what's the prize......
2.0ntec+2, Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic