UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Where is the VIN plate ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the VIN plate ?
    Posted: 19áMayá2014 at 7:41pm
sorry, I couldn't find a thread, or how to start a new thread, (any advise would be appreciated) I have been advised that my new Tekna will be delivered on the 22nd May ready for the PDI. Could anyone tell me where the VIN plate is situated please.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMayá2014 at 8:13pm
Hi Del, I moved your post for you

VIN plate is under the bonnet, not sure where..... I'll go have a look.
Lynn

On noooooo just went out and the thunder and lightening started... Anyway it's normally on a plate on the bulkhead,

Edited by Tiffany - 19áMayá2014 at 8:23pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Happy Tekna View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMayá2014 at 8:52pm
Now that is what I call dedication Tiff
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMayá2014 at 8:54pm
We aim to please
Urrell View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMayá2014 at 9:17pm
Do they not have a visible VIN at the bottom of windscreen on passenger side?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMayá2014 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Urrell Urrell wrote:

If it's there it must be microscopic . Will have another look when windows are dry
Lynn
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMayá2014 at 2:34pm
It's really quite visible Tiffany. :)
It's just near where the windscreen wipers sit. 
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMayá2014 at 4:10pm
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I just wanted to make sure that when I go and collect the new QQ the documentation is all correct. Roll on Saturday or before if I am very lucky.  Big smile
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMayá2014 at 6:36pm
Ok have just almost crawled over the car. Only thing on screen is saint- gobain sekurit, and a bunch of numbers ( all pertaining to a replacement screen.

I thought vin plates were just that ... A plate with info stamped on and stuck under the hood ?

When did they start stamping details on the screen ?.

Ok.... Take aim..... Fire lol only BB guns allowed.
Urrell View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMayá2014 at 6:45pm
Its not on the screen. Usually punched into the body and can be seen thru a viewing port in the screen near the bottom so Old Bill can identify the car. Near the tax disk?
PTBN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTBN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMayá2014 at 1:01am
It is hidden behind a little "door" just below the windscreen in the engine bay. (Plastic)
Nissan Qashqai 1,5 DCI Tekna Sport 2010
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMayá2014 at 8:36am
The dealer has said the new QQ has arrived. The downside is I can't have until Wednesday due to the BH. As I am working until Friday I will have to wait nearly a week before I get my hands on it. Then off to Cornwall on Saturday. This should give it a good run. Can't wait now.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMayá2014 at 8:54am
Great news Happy Tekna. I hope the time doesn't drag for you.

Keep us updated.
Tiff
Breenger View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMayá2014 at 10:39pm
The VIN number is most definitely highly visible when one looks through the wind-shield from the nearside of the car, just above the dash-board . I would strongly suggest that if you cannot see it, that you need to seriously ask yourself whether or not you are fit to drive !!
2017 Tekna 1.5 Diesel

Worlds biggest Eagles fan.
<b
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMayá2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Breenger Breenger wrote:

The VIN number is most definitely highly visible when one looks through the wind-shield from the nearside of the car, just above the dash-board . I would strongly suggest that if you cannot see it, that you need to seriously ask yourself whether or not you are fit to drive !!

If you mean me. My eyesight is perfect... Thank you .I thought someone was saying it was on the screen... Scratched my head because as far as I knew it was always on or near the bulkhead
Urrell View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Tiffany Tiffany wrote:

Scratched my head because as far as I knew it was always on or near the bulkhead

It is on the bulkhead, visible thru a clear port in the bottom of the screen, have you found it?
mavrik64 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2014 at 7:53pm
So that's on the dash panel then..
Tiff, like me, is old school. The vin plate was always on the bulkhead or the inner wing, either way only visible with the bonnet up and not through the windscreen.
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by joooe joooe wrote:

It's really quite visible Tiffany. :)
It's just near where the windscreen wipers sit.á

Exactly, it is in plain sight ..at Least on my car. Bottom of the windscreen left hand corner visible from the outside through the rectangular window cutout without any stress.

Edited by Kenobi - 26áMayá2014 at 8:45pm
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2014 at 11:36pm

This was the post that threw me, I read it as being "stamped on the screen". So I went out and scrutinised the screen looking for an etched VIN number Said to my husband.... " according to a member the vin is on the windscreen " . He said same as me.... "Bloody weird place to put a VIN"

Yes mavrik, like you I'm old school, as is hubby. Up until   the other day we only knew one way to look at the VIN plate..... Bonnet up lean over and get filthy.... (Only ever had old cars until the last few years).so assumed putting the bonnet up was still the only way to check it.

I found it all quite frustrating even a little amusing until I read breengers rude post post
..... After all I did say in my first reply it should be " under the hood on the bulkhead. I'm not totally stupid, just not aware of a viewing window.

But thank you all for trying to steer the    " not fit to drive"   person/s to the viewing window. I'm off to look in the morning when it's light I do believe you guys, just want to see my VIN through the keyhole.

Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 26áMayá2014 at 11:42pm
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áMayá2014 at 11:10am
Ah right! Now I'm on the same page.....

The op asked where the "VIN plate" was.... NOT the VIN number. And yes I'm old school, vin plate usually found by lifting the bonnet.

Reading some replies I thought I was being directed to look "at" the screen .... So I did from the inside was looking for the full hit that you normally find on the plate.

Just been out for another look and because I knew exactly where to look I found the bu99er.

And my official VIN plate is on the B pillar.

Ok I'm off to lay down in a dark room

Edited by Tiffany - 27áMayá2014 at 11:12am
Urrell View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áMayá2014 at 1:42pm

Just been out for another look and because I knew exactly where to look I found the bu99er.

To kick it off again there is probably another VIN stamped on the floor under a bit of carpet that lifts to read it. Big smile
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áMayá2014 at 2:29pm

To kick it off again there is probably another VIN stamped on the floor under a bit of carpet that lifts to read it. Big smile

Nooooooooo please nooooooooo

You just want to see if I'm really not fit to drive

Actually yes that another place we used to check.... Along with the damp, mold , rust and holes
Tiff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic