Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Battery?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Battery?
    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 11:46am
So I've been having no end of problems with my battery - seems to be in a constant state of drain. Most times I come to the car I need to jump it to get it going, then it'll work for 24hrs ish and go again

I have a J10 and looking into batteries online most places seem to be suggesting an 005 type battery

The one in my car however is an 027

That only seems to get suggested for cars with Stop/Start, which my car does not have... do I have the wrong battery in there?

I don't want to replace like for like if there is an error in what I have in there...

Thanks!

Side note, I'm hoping the replacement battery fixes the issue but honestly it could be something else. I did see something on Youtube about a fuse that causes constant gradual drain, but checked and that doesnt exist in my car
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:52pm
Batteries for cars with Stop/Start can handle the constant dis- and recharging better than a "normal" battery. So one could say a battery for Stop/Start is "too good" for a car w/o Start/Stop. By no means is its use in a normal car worse than the use of a "normal" battery.

Have you had your car checked at a garage? It seems there's something always "ON" and such draining the battery. However, the battery might simply just be too old - you didn't mention how old it is...
And a lot of short-distance-driving might be too much for the old battery.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
vaderag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
It's plausible it's the last point. No idea how old the battery is, bought the car 3 years ago but no record of it being changed. We do do some short distance driving, but we don't use the car frequently anyway (tho are starting to use it a little bit more)

Re. having it checked, my car has passed battery tests every time at MOT and Major/Minor service, so it's not obviously a bad battery, but I don't really know what else it can be... 

I watched this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzh_Cpjazk&t=474s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzh_Cpjazk&t=474s as mentioned and it's almost exactly the problem I have, however that fuse they mention isn't in my car so it can't be that

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic