Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Which Karcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Karcher
    Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 4:08pm
Which one should i get?

K2.221

or

K2.335

The patio cleaner would come in hand for my folks as this is where it will stay but not necessary

what you guys reckon?

bearing in mind im only going through tesco cos its free delivery, i think u get a tenner off first order and £30 cashback through quidco

HELP
Qashqai Tekna 2.0 Petrol , Private plate, side bars, 8 piece chrome grille, chrome door handles, chrome fog inserts front and rear, LED interior lights, K & N air filter

malice8585 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malice8585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 5:36pm
Just got the K2.221 its small and light and comes with a foam lance which is handy
QQ+2 white visia (ordered start of sept expected end of nov) Order Canceled
QQ+2 white acenta Ordered 17th November expected 25th Jan
Collected 2PM on 29/01/11
Bowler View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 5:36pm
Got the 2.335 works well other than water supply not quite enough pressure from my outside tap so does surge sometimes but no real problem.
Ex owner of Acenta 1.6 Flame red, with Panoramic roof.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 5:37pm
Never used quidco, but just had a quick look. I can't see how you get £30 back.
The Karchers you have chose seem to be similar in performance ie 110 bar and 360 l/h but th cheaper one has a foam gun which is worth about £15 and may be usefull for car cleaning if you don't want to buy a more professional one.
I get Pi$$ed off that most of the more expensive Karchers come with patio cleaners. I dont want a patio cleaner and dont want to be paying for one that I will never use. Why cant the patio cleaner be an optional extra and make the washer cheaper in the first place.
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 5:55pm
If u go on quidco and search karcher tesco comes up. Click on the offer and it says 30 cash back on purchases in the car dept, ie jet washes etc
Qashqai Tekna 2.0 Petrol , Private plate, side bars, 8 piece chrome grille, chrome door handles, chrome fog inserts front and rear, LED interior lights, K & N air filter

kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 6:03pm
then again i maybe wrong. maybe tesco cars means insurance etc

pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 7:16pm
Its like that joke about 'which secretary'...  go for the one with the biggest... output pressure Tongue

And after hearing this very weekend of how one such machine took the paint off a car with a slight bubble in the paintwork I have reaffirmed my promise to myself that none of these little beasts is going anywhere near any car I own, let alone my beloved QQ!
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Teckna, black
Prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T N-Tec+, black
Prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 7:31pm

that would be human error then not the machine ,whatever model you have you should never put the tip of the nozzle closer than 18/24in or you risk damaging paintwork

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 10:02pm
kev, have a look at http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/subcat.asp?mID=Pressure-Washer&sID=Sale

karcher offically refurbish pressure washers..
or nilfisk get brilliant reviews, the nilfisk c110 and c120 are commonly used, and greatly reviewed, but i havent seen or used one myself..
i use a karcher k3.550 its the x series, water cooled and can even draw water from a static source with an accessory hose(think its called a water butt hose, about £15) 
not many of the low end machines can manage that.

if it was me i'd go for a karcher from the link above (also means you can usually get a better machine as they are cheaper being refurbed)
CF got his here(well there ebay shop from same place) and i got mine at link above, mine looked brand new, not a mark on it,
and you get a free 6 month warranty.

kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 10:18pm
what would you recommend and what accessories would be best to have craig. total noob at this.
i had a cheapy i got from home base many moons ago, but the hose just burst. ye i could buy a new hose but sack that. gimme something new.lol.
not sure of my price range.lol. but will be goin halfs with the old man so he can keep his brand new A1 shiney

ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 11:06pm
I find the sand  blaster attachment removes the grime a treat Wink
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 11:10pm
accessories, patio cleaner if your gonna use it.. if not they are a waste of money,
vario lance on the more expensive one as apposed to the 3 stage click lance on the smaller karchers is good, more control over flow.
the quick connect system is key feature for me, makes it much easier and quick to set up and take apart when finished.

if the budget stretches to £120, I'd definitely recommend the k3.550 that i have.
if you want to snow foam the car, anything under 400 litres per hour wont give a decent foam.

the bar rating isnt important as the full stated bar pressure you see there will only perform at that with a "dirtblaster" needle jet lance, and definitely wouldn't go near your car with one of these!
the flow rate(Ltr per hour) is a big factor in cleaning ability, more flow, more cleaning as a general rule.
the nilfisk machines claim high flow rate, but when switched to high pressure they lose around 100ltr an hour in the flow rate stats due to the motor not being able to process the water as fast at high pressure.

the k3.550 is £119.99 on the karcher outlet (i paid £100 on january 1st before vat rise..)
thats with 6 months warranty. and all checked and refurbed by karcher factory before sale.

this is the k3.550
comes with the quick connect system
a vario lance
420 lt per hour rating
water cooled motor(last longer than normal motors according to karcher)
6m hose and handgun
plug and play detergent system (bottle that slots into back of machine)

unless your money is stretching over £120, that is, dependant on budget the more money the better the machine to be honest.. but the one above is perfect for general use and wont cost the earth should it die like your home base one a couple years down the line
(btw, you shouldnt leave them in the garage ect over winter, water trapped inside freezes, expands and cracks hoses/pipes/motors ect.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 11:31pm
There is also the K3.500 at £107.99
It looks the same as the K3.550 to me.

1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Apr†2011 at 11:33pm
Im sure we can manage that. Ye def wanna snow foam. If I were to buy that would else should I buy for it?
I usually try blow the water out with my own puff.lol

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 12:42am
i seen that noki, but after struggling to find its specs, i eventually found them on halfords ireland website, 
seems to be very similar if not identical in terms of specs..

maybe the 3.550 was just a little update to the 3.500, so probably the same model.

well if you want to use it to clean the patio/slabbing/paving ect. get the t200 patio cleaner, 
theres nothing else you need for it mate,

if you want to snow foam(Which you do)
get yourself a snow foam lance, i use the one from autobrite direct.
and imo the best snow foam on the market (well theres 2 very very similar ones, but i use this as it came out first lol)

but theres more cost effective snow foams out there..
eg, autosmart actimousse (i have 1L of this i got free from someone on another forum, wasnt too impressed in terms of foam, but decent cleaning result)
i also have chem guys citrus snow foam.. again not the thickest foam, but good cleaning.
and you can put shampoos through it.
i have Chem guys maxi suds shampoo thats brilliant through the lance. but not quite so much cleaning power as magifoam or cg no touch foam.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 8:54am
I have an RAC one from Argos....Embarrassed....Got it last year on Special..took the old woodstain off the Deckin OK..will that do the Job????...WinkEmbarrassedLOL
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 7:25pm
yep, should be fine aff, 
dunno about snow foam, not sure what connect is on the RAC one..
good chance it will be a kew/alto fitment, this one of the more common ones.. or an m22.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 7:44pm
right craig, not caring about the cost. Which one would you recommend from this page?
Karcher Outlet

Edited by kevykat - 26†Apr†2011 at 7:45pm

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 8:44pm
the k3.500 
it seems to be the exact same machine as the k3.550 that i have.
its a top machine for the money, and the best on that page mate.
plus its about £13 cheaper than the 3.550 when it seems to be the same machine.

if cost was no issue at all (not just that page lol) kranzle k7 or k10 is what i want (k7 is more for pro use as it sucks water from static source (ie water tank in a van) where as k10 is slightly higher spec pressure flow wise as it doesnt have that feature.
but they are about £3-400 lol

Edited by CraigQQ - 26†Apr†2011 at 8:45pm
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 8:51pm
eggggggscellant
will go and purchase that me thinks.
What i may also do is buy a cabinet to store it all in for the garage, then eventually, for winter, fit a small heater with thermostat to heat the cabinet to keep it cosy.

kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 9:05pm
total, £124 added the extended warranty to for the crack.
so whats next craig? what should i get now? prob bad idea asking you with your vast chemical collection.lol

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 10:31pm
well for snow foam go to AB (i noticed you found the easter discount code mark posted on detailing world) 
get a lance and AB magifoam (it really can't be beaten, CG no touch is equally good though but as you will be ordering the lance anyway cheaper from one supplier)

kev, this might be a good idea for you.
based near aberdeen in kintore, and they are really great people.
clark john and angela are very helpful, and but beware, if you go to the shop, you will spend a fortune lol.

the essentials
2 buckets (get halfords buckets or b&q mate, ones from detailing stores cost so much more for nothing, its just a bucket!!)
decent wash mitt. i recommend this one, (i have it and so does aff on my recommendation) 
then for shampoo i'd go for this(its what i use)
drying towel. i use this. its expensive but great to use. 
another option is the Autobrite polar express.. seems very similar in composition, and gets great reviews but i havent used one.

then if you want more info on wax's/sealants, glazes, ect ect if you want to divulge further into this lol, ill answer what questions you have.

if you dont want to go as far as some of us with detailing.. 
chem guys V7 hybrid spray sealant is perfect.

clay bar is an essential in my view..
theres tons to choose from.. could get a megs quick clay kit from your local halfrauds,
clay and lube from either chem guys or autobrite
or bilt hamber clay from another source that only needs water as lubricant.

you have pm regarding chem guys mate.

brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 10:46pm
I bought a K2.100, bottom of the range squirter this w/e to clean my brick cobble driveway. Even with only 100 bar and the dirt shifter lance I was stunned by the power of this tiny unit. There's no way I would use it on my QQ though. The garden hose spray at 4 bar is quite enough for that.
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 10:56pm
so far

1 x Karcher K3.500 Refurbished Pressure Washer - 107.99 inc vat
1 x Pressure Washer extended warranty from 6 to 12 months - 10.99 inc vat

Sub total     118.98
Shipping     5.95

Total          124.93

MAXS     Maxi Suds II 16oz 2     £6.95     £13.90

WOOLMAMM Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel 25x36     2 £16.95     £33.90

THKWASH     Extra Thick 3 Inch Professional Washmitt 2 £5.95     £11.90

HYMICR     Hybrid V7 Microfiber 3 PK 1 £18.99

craig i fear u will be a burden to me.lol.

if only the code on autobrite would bloody work

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2011 at 11:04pm
lol im just getting started kev!!!

im considering buying swissvax best of show of nick if i like it when he sends his pot up to me! (its about £160 new lol)
if i dont like BOS, then nicks gonna send me the blackfire kit up (also quite expensive.. CF has some) to test out.

kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2011 at 8:07pm
so will the hybrid V7 give the car a good shine?

what the best for using on tyres and trim?
oh and my chrome

keyo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2011 at 8:45pm
Worth a look, chose this as aluminum pump, metal parts, not plastic pumps as now used by Karcher since being made in China, very very suprised at the power,

Nilfisk C110 3-5 X-Tra Pressure Washer with 1400 Watt Motor RRP £74.99

Price with free postage £45.02 Amazon.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2011 at 11:40pm
the c110 loses a hell of a lot of flow rate under high pressure, (around 100litres per hour!!) 
its not too great for snow foaming ect.
also alot of people moan about karcher plastic pumps compared to nilfisk aluminium ones, but on another forum im on, the people with nilfisk seem to have more problems with pulsing ect than us karcher owners.

and kev. here is my roof, its got 3 layers of v7 on it at this point, nothing else. (done one layer per day) 

and heres a little package that arrived today, courtesy of Stuart, the UK's only CarPro rep.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Apr†2011 at 6:51pm
yikes thats alot of Chems.

so what you recommend for my chrome, tyres and trims?

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Apr†2011 at 8:22pm
chrome, if you have sidebars, autosol metal polish
plastic chrome coated parts, i sealed mine with ultima paint guard, it can be used on everything basically, apart from interior lol.. i have the interior version for that.
but autosol have a plastic chrome polish or something like that... 
look for a thread in the exterior section where i posted a link to  the autosol metal polish on ebay(from a bmw dealer) for around £2-3 (cheapest you will find it!)
tyres, i'd go for megs endurance.
trims.. imo can't beat Gtechniq C4, you will need about 15ml, as i bought the 25ml and have about 10ml left for top ups/other cars ect.
might seem expensive but its amazing how it restores and seals the trim and lasts between 12-24 months.
theres a thread in the exterior section with my c4 review.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Apr†2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by kevykat kevykat wrote:

yikes thats alot of Chems.

so what you recommend for my chrome, tyres and trims?

oh and no, thats nothing lol.. 
just today i had 3 boxes delivered with more cleaning gear in them lol.
CG bare bones,
megs #16 wax
banana mousse wax
ultima paint prep +
ultima interior guard +
pair of mf gloves
and some bottles and stuff.

had a few plays with some of the above chemicals today, really good stuff.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Apr†2011 at 10:13pm
Bought a tube of autosol, where can I get the megs and c4?
Im guessing il need some sort of glass gleaner to we will I?
Any thing ive missed?
I ordered the foam lance an 10 litres of magifoam in a group buy on DW.

Cheers

kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Apr†2011 at 10:23pm
Just saw price of c4. YIKES. Whats the next best thing?

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Apr†2011 at 12:43am
well theres plenty of trim gels, but tbh your gonna have to apply them every 2 weeks or so, 
the way i looked at it, i could buy a bottle of trim gel (average price £14) and it would last lets say 12 months with needing to re apply every 2-3 weeks for most of them. 
with club discount at ultimate finish (7.5% but i get 10% at gtech due to being a regular customer lol) 
looking at £27plus p&p on ultimate finish(buy 3 gtech microfibres and postage is free as over £30) 
that needs one application and for most people lasts 2 years.. also doesnt fade as it gets to the 2-3 week mark like the silicone dressings.
and it saves 20-30 minutes of trim dressing from my routine every time it needs it.

but its a large inital outlay, if you want a trim gel, you can use the megs endurance that your using for the tyres or get something like chem guys new look trim gel, or poorboys natural look trim gel ect theres loads out there, but the only ones ive used is c4 and CarPro PERL (very good dressing, but not sure on durability as only used it once.. today) and its an allround leather/vinyl/rubber/plastic dressing, for tyres(bit expensive for tyres tbh) trim and interiors(although some reviews say its a bit shiny for interiors)
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Apr†2011 at 8:02pm
just picked up my karcher today. OMG, opened the box took it out and bits rattling about inside the unit. opened it up and its smashed to bit. pretty pathetic to be honest. who runs there business like this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic