UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

wierd thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wierd thing
    Posted: 10áMará2011 at 1:30pm
Hi guys/gals
does your QQ bog down starting off...mine does...there seems to be no power just bogs down getting off from the lights, sometimes in 2nd gear too...also the blo*dy drivers window...i just cant get it to stop halfway up LOL just either up or down Confused.....i was also trying the cruise control out on the motorway, just couldn,t get it to work, ive tried reading the manual but i get bored reading manuals LOL so put it to one side.....
any help would be great
thanks guys Big smileThumbs Up
QQ metallic red acenta premium 1.5 dci...picked up 7/3/14..11:15am
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 1:38pm
Give it some more revs, Les as for the window... you just need the right touch, I  used to be like you with our Focus, up, down, up, down, then one day I managed to get it just where I wanted it lol

Cruise control.... I hate them..... feels like the car is running away, so don't bother with it and can't help
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 1:41pm
As above really Thumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
tubewayarmy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 1:49pm
Cheers tiff
thanks ericos......i do give it some revs tiff, but it still bogs down...realy wierd...the Blo*dy window is doing my skull in LOL i cant get it to stop halfway...people in the car next to me are watching my window going up n down up n down up n down....thinking to themselves "he cant make his mind up if he wants the window open or not" as they listen to a lot of cussing LOLLOL
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:02pm
cant say anything about the engine bogging down as different engine.
the window i know what you mean... my vectra was much easier. i think the deft of touch is required. there is a 2 stage click on the control. one of them operates one touch which is what your doing and the other is manual.

and the cruise control mate.. you press the cruise control button and it will come up on the drivers info centre yes?
then to set it to that speed click the toggle switch on the right hand side of your steering wheel down
i didnt read a word of the manual lol not my thing.. dealer showed me how to work it all
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:13pm
Cheers craig, im off to a mates later so ill give the cruise control another go....ill also see if i can get the window to work right Big smile
thanks again matey Thumbs Up
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:16pm
I must admit I noticed the bogging down at 1st but must have automatically adjusted driving style for it as I dont notice it now - not that I drive it anymore as of a fortnight ago LOL
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:20pm
Its very odd aint it, i put it down to being a DCI ..... mabe as you said, just basicaly live with it Big smileThumbs Up
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:25pm

could it be the few rpms before the turbo kicks in? like upto 1500-2000rpm if the turbo comes in at 2000.. or whenever it comes in.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:32pm
Ill check later craig, i dont hear any turbo whistle either .... but ive still got the smile i had when i got her on monday Big smileThumbs Up
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:36pm
The new Euro 5 doesnt have a whistle, it has a kazoo LOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 2:44pm
The reason it bogs down when starting is due to the torque. It is something you eventually get used to with diesels. The torque is available in huge dollops from tickover - it is a trait of diesels...

Don't take long to get used to it...

If you are doing a racing start off the line it is more noticable becasue teh torque kicks in before the increased fuel pressure.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 3:02pm
LOL at ericos.
Oh i see now, thanks ian, it hasn,t put me off the car, i still love driving it....going to be fun on sunday, im off to manchester...and i have all sorts of liverpool fc stuff on the car LOL.....so should be a grin
thanks again ianThumbs Up
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 3:05pm
Mind how you go then Les....did you not tick the options box for bullet proof glass then LOL

Torque is a resistive force so as well as giving you oomph, it also tries to hold you back from standing start. I love it - torque that is.....(that's why I like the HD twin pot Wink)
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 3:10pm
Torque,Torque,Torque....that's all we do on here Glad ya still ovin it Les, I will have all these questions next week the cruise control will be a new thing for me! Never had it before, but I do like a Good Manual though for a bit of light reading ......
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 4:14pm
ooft.. deserve all you get in the land of mancunia with lfc stuff on the QQ
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 4:19pm
Lmao...ERM i think ill remove my liverpool stuff, i dont want a manc that holds a grudge for mr Carragher taking it out on my lovely QQ Cry....but coming home ill have " you,ll never walk alone" bouncing out of the windows Thumbs UpLOL.....ohhhhh lovely
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 4:21pm
lol you better be driving fast les!! i dont think the top speed of the QQ is fast enough to play that song in manchester!! maybe around the council house end but certainly not the OT end lol
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 4:53pm
Just as well i wont be near OT or am i Confused.....im heading to stockport...not sure what part of manchester OT is Big smile
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 5:19pm
OT is the trafford/salford side lol. city end is probably closer to stockport.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by tubewayarmy tubewayarmy wrote:

Just as well i wont be near OT or am i Confused.....im heading to stockport...not sure what part of manchester OT is Big smile

Just down the road from me...
Did you sort out a set of mats for your QQ+2
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2011 at 5:59pm
Nice to know im miles away from OT, no liverpool stuff on the car now, i wont play the liverpool anthem, ill blast gary numan out of the windows ohhhh yer...LOL.
Hi nokia, no not yet matey, might order them next week, just threw some cheapo effort mats in for now Smile....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic