UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Window Failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petehanbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window Failure
    Posted: 23áJulá2017 at 1:10pm
Hi - I've recently had an issue with the drivers side electric window where by it decides to drop down and not want to come back up.

I've stripped away the door lining and taken out the panel holding the motor & regulator. In separating the reel which holds the cable, from the panel (& therefore away from the motor) I've found that the 'teeth' (for want of a better description), which engage with the wheel of the motor, have been snapped off. This means that the motor is simply free wheeling as the reel which moves the window regulator is no longer engaged.

It needs a new reel, which I can source, but has anyone else had this issue before? My concern is that by replacing the reel, the issue is going to happen again and it'll be due to a fault with the motor or switch not stopping once the regulator has reached it's limit.

So I guess the question is, is there a way to set the limit on the motor?

Cheers,

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic