UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

windows froze ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows froze ??
    Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:27pm
having just purchased wind deflectors , went to car placed key in ignition , press open window O M G window wont go down, is this a fail safe system or is there a fault developing, I took car for a spin and after a few minutes the windows worked fine, seems all windows locked until temp in car has risen, never had this problem on any other Nissan and i have had 4 to date all with gadgets and gizmo's , Q is this normal many thanks David.
Q Q 1.6 Acenta Faded Denim,38 mpg , that will do nicely @70 mph
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:28pm
maybe the windows were frozen shut mate, happens to my vectra if the temp really plummets
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:31pm
I thought they had froze, but they all went down a fraction then locked, and went back up also
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:32pm
Sounds like ice in a crevace if you know what I mean as Craig said. It's sheltered from elements and your in-car temp has probably risen enough to melt it.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:39pm

yeah most likely is that, i they hit the ice on the way down they will auto stop as a safety feature(stop kiddies getting hurt)

(wow hamish, your really trying to up your posts eh lol) (dont reply to this as that would be an extra post!!)
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:43pm
prob not a major problem the car is parked on the drive sheltered from the elements , my 1st thought was try the sheltered side, I like the Q Q but i seem to compare it to my previous car a Nissan Q X Maxima, the Maxima was considered to be Nissans flag ship car when launched, the build quality was excellent, having said that the price was double that of the Q Q and that was 12 yrs ago, but i did have 200,000 care free miles with it, the Q Q has many of the gadgets the Q X had, I hope i can say the same for the Q Q in 12 yrs , as i tend to keep a car i like 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:45pm
nice one david, im sure you will love the qq for years!!
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

yeah most likely is that, i they hit the ice on the way down they will auto stop as a safety feature(stop kiddies getting hurt)

(wow hamish, your really trying to up your posts eh lol) (dont reply to this as that would be an extra post!!)
Ok then, I'll not.
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:05pm
Dont tel me about Kiddies Big smile I went to North Wales last month, picture the scene, Tesco Porthmadoc 11o/c at night, I have a Yorkie Jack Russell cross with rotweiler tendencies, I jump out go to cashpoint , and O M G click, yep the little angel has pressed the super lock button with my keys in ignition, then the little lady looks at me then goes to sleep, I called R A C from Tesco, as not urgent i waited 2 hrs  , before you ask she has a harness that fits into seatbelt so she can't move from the seat, needless to say i am now paranoid about leaving my keys in the car,a little tip i found out from the R AC man if you break-down in Tesco-ASDA- or any major outlets with parking restrictions, just go to their service desk tell them you have broken down and they can't issue you with a parking ticket,and they will call R A C or A A as they dont want your car staying longer than 2 -3 hours they don't mention they have R A C and A A breakdown cover for their car parks, apparently this works even if you dont have breakdown cover,
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:08pm
I am sure i will, I did drive the Q Q every time my Q X was serviced and loved it  
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:09pm
haha, what bad luck mate. didnt know that about the not-so-supermarkets tho, good tip there.

really mate, shouldnt leave keys in car while at cashpoint if no ones in car but dog, someone might jump in and leave with your pride and joy, and your car!!Wink
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:12pm
The cash point was right beside the car if i opened my door fully i would have hit it . i don't make a habit of leaving the keys in lol
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:15pm

oh sorry lol, used to the cash points here where cars cant get near them lol.

i actually seen this in the paper a few years ago, some guy left his keys in the ignition and car running while he went to cash point, which was 7-10 steps away, as he presses for money from cashpoint someone jumps in car and guns it, instinctively he ran for the car, while he did this another one of them grabbed his card and cash as they were lying in the machine!!

got away with his car, bank card and £200... Censored

dunno if they got caught or not...
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:19pm
I know what your saying craig, i am a retired trucker and security was paramount, but hey maybe i am having senior moments lol never leave an opportunity, for the opportunists.  
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:21pm
deffo mate,

damn it, if i had known you were a retired truck i would have opened my reply with "you silly mothertrucker" Tongue
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:25pm
B T W i was intrigued the way the guy got into the car, i was dreading broken glass and all sorts, especially as the guy said it was his 1st Q Q , i had to wipe his mouth a few times as he was drooling lol, but he used a small wedge & a mini airbag fantastic.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:27pm
nice one, that would worry me aswell, its like going in for heart surgery and getting the dentist lol!! many things could go wrong...

ive seen it on tv where they use the airbag thing, proper coolCool
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:27pm
O M G a mother trucker,LOLLOL
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:30pm
 B T W the wind deflectors are great the same ones you have Craig, the rear ones slighly taper, and 8 clips to hold then too, nearly forgot why i went to the car in the 1st place LOLsilly mother trucker lol
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:30pm
Wink  i dont have deflectors david?

you thinking of craigy fish?

i dont have me qq yet lol

Edited by CraigQQ - 02 Dec 2010 at 8:31pm
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:37pm
We did have a guy who made a delivery of Belgian carpet, to a wharehouse in Londons  Brick Lane area, he had a 45ft container, a guy came out of the wharehouse and said follow me m8 as we can't unload you in the wharehouse as its full, he did as he was asked, parked up opened his doors , and as we container drivers do best, he made a cuppa in his cab and went to sleep for 4 hrs. when he woke the container was empty and the guys gone, yeh you guessed it he was hijacked. we all learned from his lesson. imagine the gyp he got for the next few yrs Big smile
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:39pm
DOH silly me yeh its the bling daddy god you all look the same on here lol
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:44pm
yeah thats a harsh way to learn your lesson right enough, poor guy, he must have got some stick!!

yeah its fishy who has them,
there is too many craigs on here though lol, last i remember atleast 5 all with craig in the name!
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
That reminds me have to get the mud flaps sorted now, 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:55pm
lol i do have mud flaps Thumbs Up
sitting in wait for delivery day!!
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:05pm
I had boot liner, rubber mats,  from 4x4  before i got the Q Q too makes the waiting time go a bit quicker if you buy a few accessories  while waiting.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:07pm
ive got mats paid for at the dealer to be fitted when i pick up qq, the mud flaps, sill plates, door handles, and chrome window trim awaiting, plus £130 worth of cleaning supplies from ultimate finish lol
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:15pm
I got posh mats from dealer, but thats all, i kicked up a fuss about waiting times, N C S gave me  free 3yrs servicing and R A C cover, the rubber mats are the heavy type with 2" lips on all sides , so no wet carpets underneath,
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:18pm
nice one david, i wanted the velour ones with the qashqai stitching so asked when ordered the car and got them at half price, moaned about delivery times a month ago when it was put back a bit and got told "leave it with me and ill see if i can sort some freebies"
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:19pm
bet those ones with the lip are coming in mighty useful lately with this weather, my carpets in vectra are SOAKING lol
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:24pm
they are great just like having a footwell in rubber i can recommend them, I have the velour qashqai stitched ones , they are under the rubber ones dont tel any one lol 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:27pm

HAHA you strange mother trucker!!LOL

Why? just simply WHY?? crazy man
Davidfg3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidfg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:40pm
I can use the posh uns for weddings funerals , and barmitvas .oh and i just ordered my mudflaps from 4x4LOL
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:51pm
i got the ones from auto enhancements that fishin has,

lol your ready for all situations in your qashqai eh
Bowler View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:53pm

Ordered several items prior to delivery of car, wife thought the car was being delivered bit by bit. 

QQ kit car Question 
Ex owner of Acenta 1.6 Flame red, with Panoramic roof.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic