UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Windscreen Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windscreen Replacement
    Posted: 08†Nov†2018 at 10:32pm
Hello, my first post so please bear with me.
I have Qashqai 2010 1.5 diesel n-tec and my windscreen is smashed/cracked.
My insurance has a glass cover but i'm still wondering if i go through the insurance will that increase my next insurance ? 

Also if i decide to not use the insurance can you guys recommend me some company for windscreen replacement which can give me the best price. 

Thanks in advance. 
Branko View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08†Nov†2018 at 10:35pm
Sorry i miss type the screen is only cracked. 
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 11:39am
I don't know what the legalese of your insurance company says....

Here in Germany e.g. just swapping a windscreen because of damage won't increase your next insurance bill.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 3:43pm
Hello Branko, and welcome to the forum. I seem to recall that with my insurance there is a different excess to be paid for windscreen replacement, but it has no effect on no claims bonuses, and therefore should not lead to an increase in premiums next time. However, having said that, terms and conditions can vary between different companys so it is always wise to check your insurance paperwork. Good luck.
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
Branko View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 3:50pm
Iíve tried to book appointment with autoglass but unfortunately they told me that they donít know nothing about my insurance company so i just called the claim team of my insurance company and been told that they will book me an appointment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic