UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Windscreen Wiper Woes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windscreen Wiper Woes...
    Posted: 29áNová2014 at 4:35pm
Hi all -
I just cleaned my car for the first time (no, I'm not lazy, it's brand new). And I'm concerned about the nearside wiper scraping the bonnet as it's raised. The wiper arm fouls the top of the bonnet and it's already rubbed the paint down to bare metal. Is this the same for all QQs? Or worth mentioning to the dealer? A bit disappointing....
*** 2014 1.6dCi Acenta Smart Vision in Nightshade ***
                            (AKA Johnny Qash)
JollyTekna View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JollyTekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2014 at 5:32pm
If you turn the ignition on then off and flick the wiper stalk up twice it will put the wipers into service mode i.e park them in the up position. This will allow cleaning and changing if required. 

Smile
2012 Tekna 2.0 Petrol Gun Metallic,          
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T Gun Metallic
IndigoZoo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2014 at 6:56pm
I found that my nearside wiper did the same when I raised it to replace the blade last week.  I resorted to lifting the bonnet and changing it under the bonnet. Awkward. But thanks to JollyTekna we now know the knack. Wink
Ink Blue Tekna 1.5dCi arrived on time on 11 November 2014. Yay!
PsychoTeapot View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2014 at 8:29pm
Thanks to you both!

(AKA Johnny Qash)
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2014 at 11:30pm
I believe it mentions in the manual how to put them in service position
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

I believe it mentions in the manual how to put them in service position

I'm not sure whether it is already mentioned in owner manual, but on the one which came with the car I bought 6 months ago, it wasn't explained how to do it. Check yours, I'm curious whether it is there already.
Neither dealers knew how to put them in the service position in that time.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 12:26am
Maybe not then I just thought I'd seen that in another thread about this. Mine is a 2013 so dont have the problem ;)
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 12:48am
Lucky you ;)
IndigoZoo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 12:49pm
The tragic news from my front driveway this morning is that JollyTekna's tip doesn't work on my car. Or at least I couldn't do it. 

Also, part 8-24 of my handbook just says:
1. Lift up the wiper arm
2. Press the lock pin, then remove the wiper blade as illustrated
3. Install the new wiper blade in the reverse order of removal.

It should say
1. Lift up the wiper arm not much higher than an ant's armpit or you'll damage the bonnet.
2. Blah blah blah.

Unhappy

Ink Blue Tekna 1.5dCi arrived on time on 11 November 2014. Yay!
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 1:28pm
Nissan is obliged to fix the damaged part of the bonet for you, free of charge (and that's what they do).

Edited by duncho - 30áNová2014 at 1:29pm
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 1:29pm
Hmmmm - it seems to work on mine. But you have to be pretty prompt with the two upward flicks on the wiper stalk....
                            (AKA Johnny Qash)
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by duncho duncho wrote:

Nissan is obliged to fix the damaged part of the bonet for you, free of charge (and that's what they do).

Really? Cos I thought they'd claim user or driver error, given that the wretched wipers have a service position.... Anyone actually had a repair/replacement?
                            (AKA Johnny Qash)
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 1:47pm
Indeed, because dealer did not acknowledge you how you suppose to get wipers in the service position when you bought your car neither there is a word mentioned about it in the owner manual.
JollyTekna View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JollyTekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2014 at 3:08pm
IndigoZoo,

As soon as you turn the ignition off flick the wiper stalk upwards twice. It needs to be quite quick. I get in the car and without pressing the clutch pedal, press the start button. The electrics etc come on, then press the start button again, everything goes off and a quick flick of the wipers parks them in the middle of the screen. Took me a few attempts at first. 
2012 Tekna 2.0 Petrol Gun Metallic,          
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T Gun Metallic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic