UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Wing mirror adjustment and cambelt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ada63m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wing mirror adjustment and cambelt
    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:10pm
Hello All,

Firstly apologies if these questions have been answered previously. I have searched a couple of qashqai forums and cannot find the same issue.

I have recently purchased a 2014 qashqai j11, 63k miles, acenta premium 1.5 dci. After owning a j10 netc+.

My first issue is I cannot adjust the wing/door mirrors. It seems the lh/rh selector switch isnt operating. Although the folding button does work. At the moment I am having to adjust the mirror glass by hand.

I assume it's not a power issue as the folding button works as it should, I also assume it's the same fuse which operates the entire mirror? If anyone has any ways of testing, I.e continuity etc, I would be very grateful.

My second issue is cambelt replacement interval. I understand this has been asked many times. However, I after checking my service book, the pages that would usually have the service intervals are not stuck in the book.

Before purchasing the vehicle (private) I called nissan to check the cambelt interval. Westway nissan told me it was 8yrs or 80k miles. So I went ahead and purchased the vehicle.

Since finding out that the car is belt and not chain driven, I thought I'd look online and call more dealers. So far, this is what I have been advised after giving them my registration.

Nissan slough:        4/5yrs or 96k miles

Nissan Norton way:     5yrs or 72k miles and 5yrs 92k miles. They were unsure.

Glyn Hopkin:           5yrs or 90k miles

Nissan Aylesbury:      4yrs or 72k miles

Westway Nissan        8yrs or 80k miles

I understand, the car has hit the 5 yr fresh hold, but I would still like to know the correct interval. Even more so with the history of cambelts going early on the mk1 models. For something so significant, I cant believe how much the info above varies. Either way I will replace next year once the weather improves. But what is your understand in which it should be?

Thank you in advance for your assistance
Ada63m View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ada63m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:13pm
Apologies, just seen all my typos.
Ada63m View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ada63m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:25pm
Update regarding qashqai j11 1.5 dci cambelt interval.

I emailed nissan uk directly. They replied with the following....

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services with your questions regarding your Nissan Qashqai J11.

Based on the information that we have at Nissan Customer Services, you need to get your vehicle's timing belt inspected every 12 Months or 30.000 km and it needs to be replaced every 60 Months or 150.000 km; whichever comes first. This information is according to the maintenance plan of your particular vehicle.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or queries using the contact details below.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic