UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Wing Mirror not folding qashqai 2014 ntex+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wing Mirror not folding qashqai 2014 ntex+
    Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:20am
Hello my drivers side electronic wing mirror with camera in my qashqai ntec+ 2014 is not folding any more. Camera still works, adjustment to the mirror still works. Just will not electronically fold.
Do I need to get the whole unit replaced?
It looks like something may have hit it.
Any recommendations how to replace / get a new unit?
Thanks
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:55am
Have you tried folding it in manually and then try unfolding automatically?   This happened to me on a previous QQ and once I'd folded it back in myself I heard a click and it all started working again.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
jharman40 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:40am
Will try folding it in manually tonight. I assume they can be folded in manually?
Thanks for your advise will let you know how I get on.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
Yes they can be folded in, they need to be able to so that they can fold in if you clip something rather than break off.

jharman40 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 4:51pm
folded the mirror in manually, then pressed button which opened the mirror but same problem reoccurred when trying to close them.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement cheaper than what Nissan have quoted £356? Thanks
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 5:13pm
Not sure how easy they are to open up and have a look inside.  If it's still opening automatically, sounds like something has just come loose for the closing part (I think it's just a ratchet type arrangement that sometimes clicks out of place).

Does it make any noise at all when you press the close button if you put your ear up to it?  Next thing I'd try is to fold it manually as soon as you've pressed the button (use the passenger side to remember whether you are at an open or closed stage I guess)..  Giving it a helping push when it's trying to close it again may cause something to click back into place.

Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
I Assume the car's 3yr warranty has recently expired?  If you have had the car from new and had it serviced regularly by Nissan, they should offer a better deal for repair as a good will gesture.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
alf abaka View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf abaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:54am
J Harman
Been there...etc.. please PM me to discuss
jharman40 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:39pm
HI how do you private message? got a quote of £412 from Nissan to replace. thanks
alf abaka View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf abaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 3:29pm
Hi jharman. To send me a pm, look for me in Members Profile and click on email me or something similar.
Include your regular email or a telephone number in the response and I'll get back to you.
 alf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic