UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Wing mirror replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopertrooper2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wing mirror replacement
    Posted: 15†Dec†2011 at 8:25am
Couple of things:

1. Anyone have a dark blue wing mirror cover for sale?

2. Anyone have any experience of replacing the entire wing mirror unit?

Does the door card have to come off completely? If so any advice here

coopertrooper2001 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopertrooper2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19†Dec†2011 at 8:56am
Managed to remove this, quite easily with no broken bits.

I will post up a full guide in due course.

Also found out that the mirrors with black plastic covers DO NOT fit cars with painted covers.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19†Dec†2011 at 9:36am
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
Hoseman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19†Dec†2011 at 10:40am
Hi Cooper trooper

It may be that the black mirrors are from a VISIA model which does not have motorised mirrors,
the mirror glass is motorised but not the housing.

Hoseman
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopertrooper2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19†Dec†2011 at 10:43am

It could be. I did phone my local garage and was told the black plastic covered mirrors do not fit the cars with painted.

Upon inspection the mirror did look like it folds and had all the correct wiring in place. A different one arrives from an alternative supplier tomorrow so will let you know what I find.

£400+ from Nissan, so hoping the aftermarket version will work.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopertrooper2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21†Dec†2011 at 8:23pm
Got my alternative mirror, got it out the box, perfect, they have deleted the offending mounting piece.
Offered it up to the car - denied! A different mounting lug gets in the way.

Getting really frustrated now, just need a mirror to get my car back on the road!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopertrooper2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Dec†2011 at 7:57pm
Ended up paying out for a Nissan part :(
Two companies couldnt supply a non-oem mirror which fitted
spike View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Jan†2012 at 7:40pm
Hi, looking for a pearl black painted QQ 2007 left wing mirror cover, anyone know were I could buy one?

Edited by spike - 04†Jan†2012 at 7:44pm
2007 1.6 Acenta, Fired Iron with Panoramic Glass Roof.
2009 1.5 dCi +2 Pearl Black.
2011 1.6 SVE ISS Excutive Pack (Tekna) Nightshade.
2014 1.6 dCi SVE (Tekna) Magnetic Red
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Jan†2012 at 10:03pm
Judging by the above posts it would seem they are hard to get... it looks like either a dealer or a scrappie from a write off - there's a few sites you can register with which go off and search the Country for one and pass the details back to you. Well worth a look. 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
spike View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05†Jan†2012 at 6:25pm
Thanks gadget, on tuesday night we had a close encounter with a fallen tree across the road, from all the high winds, my partner did a great job, as she just managed to avoid the tree, the only damage was the wing mirror cover was missing. So after trying to get a wing mirror cover, which seems to be difficult, I thought I would go back to were the tree had fallen, and there lying in the ditch was the wing mirror cover, fully intact. I gave it a wash, it just clicked back in so happy days. Thanks again.   

Edited by spike - 05†Jan†2012 at 6:26pm
2007 1.6 Acenta, Fired Iron with Panoramic Glass Roof.
2009 1.5 dCi +2 Pearl Black.
2011 1.6 SVE ISS Excutive Pack (Tekna) Nightshade.
2014 1.6 dCi SVE (Tekna) Magnetic Red
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05†Jan†2012 at 9:33pm
Nice result to what sounds like a lucky escape there Spike!! 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic