UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > New here then drop in and say hello...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Wiper Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiper Blades
    Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 5:28pm
Hi,
I have the new 2014 Tekna and am really disappointed with the front windscreen wipers performance. They smear and don't clear water properly in rain or when cleaning the windscreen which is a nightmare when the sun is bright. Can anyone suggest a better replacement, someone has suggested Bosch - but which ones?
Thanks
IndigoZoo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Undertree Undertree wrote:

Hi,
 someone has suggested Bosch - but which ones?
Thanks

I fitted: 

AR17U Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin wiper blade 17" (nearside) 

AR26U Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin wiper blade 26" (driver’s side – right hand drive) 

Ink Blue Tekna 1.5dCi arrived on time on 11 November 2014. Yay!
BJTekna View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJTekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 5:42pm
Hi
This is not good go back to your dealer they should sort this for you
oh and welcome to the forum from me
Tekna 1.5 Dci Magnetic Red ordered 20 July, Del 23 Oct. 60 reg plate
28 March 13 Magnetic
Red 1.5 Dci Tekna 13 reg loving it!
Ink 1.6 Dci 4Wd Tekna, Ink on order Mar 15
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:36pm
Don't bother with the dealer - they will just replace them with more of the same.

Known problem here.

I and others switched to Bosch Aerotwin.

I can't get you the serial numbers right now as I am on the iPad but someone else may or you could search here.

Annoying issue and I have mentioned it at my dealer, but minor niggle really.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:47pm
Oh and when you do change the wipers you need to know how to park them in the service position, otherwise they foul the rear edge of the bonnet as you lift them.

Goes like this ..........

Ignition on then off (fast) then flick (fast) wiper arm up twice.

Might need to practice that.

Edited by G5 BOY - 04 Feb 2015 at 6:49pm
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 7:10pm
Second the note about the Bosch Aerotwins.
Roughly £20 but clear and streak free.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
IndigoZoo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Undertree Undertree wrote:

Hi,
 someone has suggested Bosch - but which ones?
Thanks

I fitted: 

AR17U Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin wiper blade 17" (nearside) 

AR26U Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin wiper blade 26" (driver’s side – right hand drive) 

Rolledstone View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolledstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:40pm
Same here, I fitted Bosch aero twin blades as per IndigoZoo's post. I've had them for six months and have had no smearing problems since. I got them from euro car parts which were the cheapest for me at just over £19. Just remember, park your wiper arms in the correct position before changing the blades, otherwise you may damage the paintwork on the bonnet.
Undertree View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:12pm
Thanks everyone for the advice. Have just ordered the blades from Euro Car Parts. Will update post when I've got them. Thanks for the advice about putting them in the service position as well.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 12:24am
AS above Bosch unless you can find some Trico ones which I doubt as they are rarer & rarer in the UK now. On my last car (before QQ) I needed to replace some Bosch ones & was going to get the same but I saw some Trico ones advertised & back in the day (60s/70s) you couldnt get better. I got some & they were excellent, but are American & not so common these days over here.

http://www.tricoproducts.com

At the end of the day you wont go wrong with BoschBig smile

2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Undertree View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:00pm
fitted the Bosch blades, what a difference! Absolutely brilliant. Thanks everyone for the advice. I know where to come when I need help with anything else.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:23pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
IndigoZoo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:22am
Thumbs Up
Clunky View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:31pm
2 days old and already finding the blades problematic.
Bosch here we come.
Undertree View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:43pm
You won't regret changing the blades to the Bosch ones. Wish I'd changed sooner. The trickiest bit was removing the Nissan blades! follow the other posts advice about putting the wipers in the service position as well.
Clunky View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:49pm
£20.20 free delivey from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B5SXIS2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:02am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

AS above Bosch unless you can find some Trico ones which I doubt as they are rarer & rarer in the UK now. On my last car (before QQ) I needed to replace some Bosch ones & was going to get the same but I saw some Trico ones advertised & back in the day (60s/70s) you couldnt get better. I got some & they were excellent, but are American & not so common these days over here.

http://www.tricoproducts.com

At the end of the day you wont go wrong with BoschBig smile

Trico ones are available on ebay, what do you reckon to these? £10 cheaper than Bosch as well...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashqai-TRICO-Flat-Wiper-Blades-24-x-16-2007-2015-/141805802949?hash=item210448d5c5:g:mXsAAOSwN81WENyH
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 11:58am
The Tricos are 24" and 16" compared to the 26" and 17" OEM wipers on the J11 QQ. They may well be the right size for the J10 though.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 12:00pm
I've got the J10, 2009 1.5 dci so I think they are the correct ones.
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 3:52pm
Sorry Chris, was looking at the OP's info!

For J11 owners - I just fitted Bosch Aerotwin 650/450mm (26"/18"). There's just enough room for the extra inch for the passenger (ooer). Plus the passenger side visibility was always a bit poor. The set was AR652S, £21.23 on eBay. They have the spray nozzles but they are easily removed.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 4:36pm
My trico blades have arrived.

I'm getting really really bad smearing at the moment, just don't seem to be able to get my windscreen properly clean anymore.

Any recommendations of products to use to get it nice and clean before I put the new blades on?
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 10:15pm
Undiluted screenwash
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 4:57am
Or white vinegar
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic