UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Wiper Lock Nut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70sThrowback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiper Lock Nut
    Posted: 26áNová2018 at 4:47pm
Hi All,

I have a J10 Qashqai which suffers from the usual wiper linkage failure. After repairing it twice in the last 3 years its gone again, so I decided I would buy a new wiper / linkage motor set which came with a 5 year guarantee.

The kit arrived today and I have fitted it, no issues there. Until I went to attach the wiper arms. I starting screwing the nut on the driver side which was a little stiff, but then the spindle started to spin. So I can neither unscrew or tighten it now but have a loose wiper in place.

I am not sure what to do now, but I am thinking of dremeling the wiper nut off. However after spending ages on google I can't find a replacement. Can anyone tell me if these are a standard m nut size?

I had a little go with the passenger side too and it seemed that this would do the same, as in really stiff as though it was cross threaded, so I am concerned this new motor / spindle has different screw threads to my original one.

Any ideas much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic