UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Withdrawal 0f Speed Camera Alerts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Withdrawal 0f Speed Camera Alerts
    Posted: 16áMará2016 at 5:17pm
I have a Connect LCN1 Sat Nav system fitted to my 2011 Quashqai.
I have found out that Nissan has just withdrawn the Speed Camera Alerts facility.
Does anyone know of a reliable company that regularly provides updated downloads of this information please?
Dave80 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMará2016 at 7:31pm
Try www.pocketgpsworld.com
I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

2014 Black Pearl Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMará2016 at 8:53pm
Dave 80
Thanks for your suggestion.
I've taken a quick look at the website you mentioned.
Do you have any experience downloading
data from this website as it would useful to know how the Alerts
are shown on sat nav screen and if they replace original audio alerts.
Thanks again.

F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 8:31am
Very easy to download and have used this for several years. You can download weekly updates but I only do so once a month.
On our J11 2014 QQ it displays a camera symbol at th camera location and a distance scale in the bottom right of the screen. If you have alert sounds turned on it will beep as well.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 8:33am
A camera appears on satnav map when you're approaching one; there's a beep too, but it's too quiet for my liking compared to a TomTom.
You load onto a USB stick and "download" into the Connect system once a week. If only satnav map could be updated so easily/regularly
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 9:56am
Thanks for your most helpful note.
I have joined Pocketgpsworld and looked at Download page.
My Connect system on J10 car is LCN1 so do I Download Connect (old) data?
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 9:59am
Again thanks for your help.
I am not sure about which database to use but assume as my car is J10 it would be Connect (old).
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by geejay38 geejay38 wrote:

I am not sure about which database to use but assume as my car is J10 it would be Connect (old).

I used the pocketgpsworld ones for a while.   They are up to date but a bit limited as it only knows latitude/longitude, not what road they are attached to, so you get notified when you get near that location regardless of if it applies to your road.

So you get a 40mph alert when going on a motorway if you go under a road bridge that has a camera on that road.

And you get notified about every camera on your road in the other direction

etc
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by chrisw99 chrisw99 wrote:

I used the J10 old version pocketgpsworld ones for a while.   They are up to date but a bit limited as it only knows latitude/longitude, not what road they are attached to, so you get notified when you get near that location regardless of if it applies to your road.

So you get a 40mph alert when going on a motorway if you go under a road bridge that has a camera on that road.

And you get notified about every camera on your road in the other direction

etc
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 7:13pm
Thanks for your comments.
As Nissan no longer provide Speed Camera Alerts I am going to give the Pocketgpsworld system a try.
I will follow your lead and use their Connect (Old) download.
Fingers crossed.

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 7:49pm
theres an offer in the discount section for pocketgpsworld , 3 months additional free i think
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 8:04pm
Many thanks for that tip👍
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 1:45pm
I have,hopefully, managed to download my first speed camera update from Pocketgpsworld.
Not tested it yet but how do I know it has been successful as the POI screen in car still shows Nissan Connect Alerts reference?
Any comment would be appreciated.
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 3:51pm

As Nissan no longer provide Speed Camera Alerts I am going to give the Pocketgpsworld system a try.
I will follow your lead and use their Connect (Old) download.
Fingers crossed.

Since when have they stopped providing Speed Camera Alerts?
My 16 Reg QQ came with speed alerts, although it took me a week to realise (courtesy of the forum) you had to turn them on in settings!
16 Reg Tekna 1.2 Digi-T Gunmetal. My third Qashqai.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 4:22pm
I contacted Nissan around 16/3/16 about a March 2016 Update for the Alerts on my 2011 Quashqai. These are advertised at ú24.99 for the Feb 2016 update on their website and usually issued monthly.
I was told they were no longer available.
As this is a very recent development your 2016 QQ is not affected,until you try to obtain an Alerts update.
I guess Nissan Customer Services can give you a more detailed explanation.
Hope that helps.
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 4:42pm
Thanks for that. I never knew you could get updates. Having said that the cards which came with each of my previous cars saw me safely through the 3 years I had ceacg car for.
I just wish I could hear the beep on the later cards or that it beep,beep, beeped, especially now there is no visual to catch your eye on the connect screen. With the radio on at a modest volume level the beep is almost inaudible.
16 Reg Tekna 1.2 Digi-T Gunmetal. My third Qashqai.
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 4:47pm

I have,hopefully, managed to download my first speed camera update from Pocketgpsworld.
Not tested it yet but how do I know it has been successful as the POI screen in car still shows Nissan Connect Alerts reference?
Any comment would be appreciated.

You need to follow instructions as to which format you require as on pocketgps www.
You have to nest within a specifically named folder (you create), for Connect to find; when done correctly, and your usb stick inserted, normally you'll see pop up on Connect asking if you want to d/load data into Connect.
If not, go into Connect, and my poi's, and select/ download.

(There's an option too, to remove your own poi's if required).
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 6:45pm
I have managed to download data via USB in car.
My query was should anything confirming the operation was successful appear on the Sat Nav screen, because at the moment information about the old Alerts is shown?
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 6:52pm
OLD CAMERAS:

I never had the NISSAN camera alerts installed, so am unaware if you can remove these, as you can with the pocketgps ones.OLD CAMERAS
PeterandPaulo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeterandPaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 8:20pm
I recently downloaded the PocketGPS files to my 2009 n-tec and they installed and work properly.  There is a note for reference that if you download the EU cameras you also have to download the UK files and install too.   I installed the mobile database as well and get a beep in potential mobile camera locations (usually just inside the 30mph limit)  It acts as a good reminder to slow properly.

Edited by PeterandPaulo - 20áMará2016 at 8:21pm
P&P Qashqai Dec 2009 N-Tec 1.5 DCI Automirrors, Cafe Latte.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 8:23pm
The Speed Camera Alerts were updated month, at a cost.
So you could just stay with the old Alert and not do any updating!!
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 9:47pm
pocket gps update their database weekly: no idea how often Nissan's is.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 10:32pm
Nissan Alerts were available monthly.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2016 at 9:32am
I have yet to test my first effort to download data from Pocketgpsworld!!!
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áMará2016 at 8:37pm
Tested my efforts to download Pocketgpsworld data today and it works!!'
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2016 at 7:56am
Has anyone tried to buy the March 2016 issue of Speed Camera Alerts, as advertised on the Nissan Navigation Website?
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áAprá2016 at 3:24pm
I guess not!!
I have asked Nissan about this and await their response.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2016 at 1:02pm
Still waiting!!!
1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2016 at 1:30pm

Still waiting!!!

For?
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2016 at 2:17pm
A response from Nissan Customer Services to my original query about their monthly Speed Camers updates, or lack of them.
manual
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 10:26am
I guess because the information is widely available elsewhere. Is it up to a car manufacturer to decide how then the car should be driven. 

Personally if you need to be told there's a speed camera then you must be speeding... tut tut. 
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 2:44pm
All I was trying to do was let people know there is a problem.
It's up to them to decide whether they want to take any notice.

From a personal point of view, I find it more difficult to keep within the speed limits on roads such as the northern approach to the Blackwall Tunnel, where they are continuously changing and not always readily visible.

manual
Guthlac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guthlac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAprá2016 at 8:45am
I'm struggling to get my gpsworld alerts to work. I've gone through the download process without any errors but, whilst I can see my pois listed, when I look in my POIWarnigs I only see Alert 0913. None of my gpsworld cameras are listed. Any idea where I might be going wrong?
Thanks
Guthlac
2015 Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAprá2016 at 12:44pm
Have you nested them within folder structure as laid down in this www, assuming this is database you've downloaded?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
Instructions:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-nissan-connect.php
Guthlac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guthlac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAprá2016 at 1:01pm
Hi GelJ,
Yes, I've done it several times - deleted the folders from my usb stick, downloaded again and checked for spelling errors etc. I copied some pois into the MyPOIs folder and they show up in the listing when I go to Navigation > Destination > Points of Interest > My Points of Interest. When I go to the next level to myPOIWarning there is just another folder called Alert 0913, containing the built-in camera database. My own myPOIWarnings don't appear.
Guthlac
2015 Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic