UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

'Worming' on standard diamind cut alloys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Worming' on standard diamind cut alloys
    Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 9:25am
I was just wondering if the 'worming' that you tend to see on the machine cut face of the standard alloys is something that all inevitably suffer with?

Thanks
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:39am
I think If the wheels cleand very often, waxed and treated with that nano sealer, this worming would be held back considerably ?
Not had it on any of mine yet... Thankfully
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 11:00am
I think you may be right Tiffany. And there may be an element of luck too, if you get a stone chip or cutting blemish I think it could easily lead to this 'white worm', which I'm guessing is water ingress behind the laquer.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 12:29pm
It is indeed water getting under the lacquer and as the diamond cut bit of the wheel is exposed alloy,well the moisture has a field day.
Depending on how 'stock ' you want the car to look,it's almost as cheap to have all 4 wheels powder coated and lacquered as it is to have 1 diamond cut wheel refurb.

If our tekna shows signs of lacquer peel and corrosion I think a gun metal colour powder coat refurb will look nice against our silver car.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:40pm
One of my first tasks is to start photoshopping different wheel options to the car so will have a play with recoloured stock wheels too.
drewk1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:50pm
I had bad worming on all four wheels on my Tekna.
19" diamond cut.
Car just over two years old.
Complained to main dealer and they took photos and submitted to Nissan.
Had all four replaced under warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic